Add another newbie to the list ;)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sunny_girl

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have been a herp owner for 4-5 weeks now. I love this site and I have read alot of helpful information before, during and after purchasing my little one, so thanks all.
My girl is a 6 month old Diamond Python named Sunny.
She is so fascinating and I am hoping I'm doing everything right for her. I've done lots of researching and pretty sure I'm doing ok. She handles well and is eating well, looking forward to watching her grow and flourish :) fingers crossed everything stays on track.
She doesnt strike her feed though, I just put it in her cage and she will come out/over in about 5 mins, rest her head on it, stretch her jaw and start eating.... Do many other people have snakes that feed this way?

In a seperate feeding tank/enclosure..?

Also, are you using a pair of massive-like tweezers to hold her food?
I hold my pythons food by the tail/back legs just above her, not touching her in any way and after about a minute or two she will strike and I let go.

Last edited:
I'm from Northern NSW spider. And unfortunately no pictures, I pretty much do everything on my iPhone and there seems to be no option for uploading photos from it :( I will log on on the comp one day soon.
Scutt, I don't feed her in another enclosure although I have plans to have 2 doors in her large enclosure (one for feeding, one for handling). I have been told this would be a good idea? And I don't use tweezers, I just put a defrosted mouse in there on a piece of paper towel and take the paper out when shes finished.

Welcome Sunny.. There is an App I,ve seen others use for here so you can upload

Oh god not another one... :p
Joking, welcome to the site. Looking forward to seeing pics of your diamond.

And I dont think it really matters how you feed your snake, in their enclosure or in a separate one. I feed mine in a separate enclosure simply because his main enclosure has bark as substrate and I dont want him to accidentally eat some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back