Advice - Newly Hatched Central Beardies

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skitzmixer

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I got a supprise this afternoon after checking my incubator to find one of the eggs are starting to hatch! :D

I really wanted to help it out, it looks so tired. I was just wondering how long i should leave it in the incubator after its fully hatched? Ah im so excited!!

I've got there enclosure setup ready to go, foods waiting, plenty of baby crickets and woodies. When should i start offering it food and which should i start with first? I understand they eat lots and lots which im well pre-paired for. Im just not 100% sure on the order on which i should start offering it to them.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_1004.jpg
    IMG_1004.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Do not "help" any of them out. they soak in the yolk in these last few vital hours, without a good belly load of yolk they will be on a very up hill battle to survive, this is a natural thing they have evolved to do without human intervention over millions of years, so I'm sure they don't need help now ;)

Hatchies eat after day 3, greens and crickets.. I feed only clover leaf and dandelion petals to hatchy dragons

Keep greens on offer 24/7 and feed as much insects as they can eat twice daily to help prevent missing tails and toes.

Perfect, thanks for the help :) I've got all that handy. Now the final question when should i take them out of the incubator? Correct me if im wrong, but do i just want until they've fully emerged from the egg?

some people leave them in the incubator for 24 hrs after hatching, just beacause they still need the extra humidity as they can dehydrate pretty quickly. i take mine out when they are fully emerged and put them into a plastic tub with damp paper towel substrate, so they dont disturb any of the other eggs.

usually start eating about 2-3 days after hatching, as previously stated they should have a belly full of yolk to get em started.

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back