Advice on enclosure setup

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mje772003

Hi i am purchasing an enclosure soon ( see attachments) size is 1200mm wide x 1200mm tall x 500mm deep – 2x 0.31m3 internal. i'm not sure what is best to purchase for thermostats. I was wanting something (preferable) that was a dimming thermostat as i have heard they give a better life span for the heating items they connect too. (I'm looking at purchasing a radiator heat panel)

i was also after something that had an LCD/digital display or if not a thermostat that is easy to adjust temperature-wise and is accurate with its temperature setting.
Another thing i was hoping to get in a thermostat product that has a built in timer or sensor that i can plug a standard light in the enclosure into.

I'm looking at purchasing a radiator heat panel, but now sure the watt's size needed for the size of my enclosure.

I am going to put in each enclosure a water python in one and an olive python in the other both will be yearlings.

Could please advise from hides you would be the recommended size for the animals and that fit inside the enclosure.

Am going to use marine carpet and astro turf (fake grass) as substrate.

Any advice/recommendations/suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Would also like to hear feedback on Habistat and microclimate thermostat's

Attachments

• 304 resized anbd croped.jpg
    304 resized anbd croped.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 74
Last edited by a moderator:
I can only give feedback on habistat. I use both dimming and pulse proportional. Both can be used with panels but pulse is probably slightly better. Take a look on herpshops online store they give good info about how they work and what heat sources you can use with each one. Herpshop are great to deal with too.
You would need your own timer if using the basic models but timers are inexpensive. There are models that you can buy accessories that sense daylight and turn your lights on according to day length. Also the temp is adjusted with a dial and you will need a thermometer to check temps. Habistat thermostats hold temps pretty accurately. I am happy with my ones
Cheers. Aaron

How big are your animals at the moment and what size enclosure are you using atothej09?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back