After info and advice

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrsArnel

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have just got my basic licence and am wanting to get either a coastal carpet or a murray darling python, a friend of mine has a coastal which I love but I like the black and grey colourations that ya can get in the MD's.

I'm located in Victoria if it makes a difference.

Wondering if someone can give me the basic info i.e size temperament etc basically the differences between the two breeds tohelp me make my choice.

Much appreciated

I have a now 9 month old MD and what a beautiful snake, he is completely placid and like to explore when out of his enclosure, at the moment he is only 2 feet long and feeding on weaner mice/ velvet rats once a week, from the research I have done and people I have spoken to about their over all size as adults, they get to be between 2-3 meters, he just shed during the week and the colour that has come out is stunning, I would recommend a MD to anyone

They are a very similar species, the only difference is temperature.

Both temperaments are good, just find one you like and always handle and get as much info eg. Feeding records and any other info you can get, before you buy the animal

image.jpgI can agree with baturb here. I have an 8mth old and he is absolutely gorgeous! Great temperament usually around 2m sometimes 2.4 a d sometimes bigger. I don't know why but coastals have never appealed to me much so I went with a MD colours were good and almost everyone could agree they have a fantastic nature. Mines eating weaner mice too but will maybe try him on rats ASAP.

theres an average pic of him. But he's more grey I person as he looks quite brown there. And he looks big there. He's about the width of my thumb at his widest point (if that) and a rough guess maybe 60cm but its hard to estimate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back