afternoon in the garden

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sarah_m

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
A few weekends ago we finally had a warm day in Melbourne, so we thought we would do some much needed gardening.
Found this little guy (or girl?) in one of our garden beds.
It was about 4cm long and i think it is a spotted marsh frog (correct me if i am wrong).
Took a picture of him before we released him into wet land area behind our house (couldnt put him back in the garden as we were about to lay weed mat down)

Attachments

• Frog.jpg
    Frog.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 87
Since it was such a warm day we took the opportunity to take Tjapakai outside for the first time to explore. He wasn't too keen on the grass at first but i think he enjoyed the change anyway.

Attachments

• BHP head shot.jpg
    BHP head shot.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 62
  • BHP2.jpg
    BHP2.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 50
  • BHP3.jpg
    BHP3.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 56
  • BHP4.jpg
    BHP4.jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 52
Very nice bhp Sarah M,it is a nice day up here also,taken mine out for a bit of sunshine,they enjoy it,cheers.

100% Spotted Marsh frog, I get them around my house as well.
With the wetlands close to you, in a few months they will find a way under the weed mat and you will get heaps under there and in your new garden.
If you add a small pond and some dence ground cover plants you will get a little wild colony going.

Ive said it before but you BHP is a cracker.
Although I havnt seen a BHP I didnt like ;).

Last edited:
Its a bit like that,you have awesome bhp andyscott,i suppose another wouldnt hurt.

100% Spotted Marsh frog, I get them around my house as well.
With the wetlands close to you, in a few months they will find a way under the weed mat and you will get heaps under there and in your new garden.
If you add a small pond and some dence ground cover plants you will get a little wild colony going.

Ive said it before but you BHP is a cracker.
Although I havnt seen a BHP I didnt like ;).
Thanks, i think he is pretty cute too, though as his mum i'm a bit biased;)

Hi all,

That is NOT a SPOTTED MARSH FROG Limnodynastes tasmanensis it is a Banjo or Pobblebonk, Limnodynastes dumerilli insularis.

Cheers,
Scott Eipper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back