Aggressive Bearded dragons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Justdragons

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I have 4 females and 1 male and they are all housed seperate. Now I was just cleaning one of my ladys vivs out and put her in garths viv for all of 2 mins and his beard goes black, he shows off all his colours and he starts to bite her face and chase her..

Mu old pair used to do some of this behavior around mating time but he seems more aggressive than anything atm.

This coming season will be their first paring and im worried I wont be able to pair them wirh out bad consequences. Wen the origional tri were young they were housed together and there was fighting. It ended in my male losing toes and he got removed.
Days later I had to split thw girls because they too were fighting. Go on 2 years and the girls ( out of nessesity ) were housed together for a few months and all was sweet. Until I came home one day and my biggest (sweetest) girl had bites all up her tail.

Now I have them all seperate and are about to hit brumation soon. What are your thoughts on pairing thes guys up??

Are some beardies just like this and can never be paired?? I want to pass his genes on because if its survival of the fittest garth is a boss..

Cheers JD

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk 2

This is garth first, now he has clamed down.. look at those guns.. lol

And barbra 2nd..

Light is dark because my phone is to flat for flash lol

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1365145950343.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365145950343.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 121
  • uploadfromtaptalk1365146002737.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365146002737.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 107
Well she was born with a deformed tail so its hard to tell but im fairly sure.. they are rick walker dragons and he sexed them for me..

Sounds like a big tub or letting go freerange for while might be a good idea.

i would still try them together at breeding season and see how they go. they might have settled by then.

i have 6 central beardies and i house 2 boys together and have done for nearly a year. and no missing toes or tails, a bit of a fight at first but was just Boss my dominat male making sure Rocky my submissive male new his place. they are great together now.

and in the other enclosure i have 3 girls and 1 boy housed together and they have never had a fight. but will be taking 1 male and 1 female out to another enclosure as soon as its ready.

i guess i'm lucky mine are all pretty good.

i think as long as they have heaps of room and fed heaps they have nothing to fight over. i notice with males wen you put another beardie in their enclosure they run over to see who is in their enclosure and sometimes react aggressively. so maybe try putting him in her enclosure and see how he reacts.

I grew up with beardies (never kept them) and they all "had a go! " Never met a soft one :)

please explain
for short periods while their own individual enclosures need to be vacated .

My juvis come out and spend time exploring the lounge and living-dining-kitchen areas now they are too big to disappear under the fridge. We keep an eye on them and they seem to really enjoy the adventure time. Other times they are content to sit next to us or on us.

This happens every 2 weeks for each of them while their tubs and furniture is cleaned and F10ed and their bedding is replaced.

They also get shorter individual daily times out to interact and get exercise and enrichment - they love it - been doing this for about 3 months after they decided and showed in no uncertain terms that they didn't like going into the 30L holding tub.

Last edited:
I don't want to sound mean, but please stop giving advise to people. So far you've advised juvies be fed mealworms, basking light should be on 24/7, crickets can be left in tubs with juvies all the time and now this.
:rolleyes: Don't start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back