Air vents

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Procreate

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, after reading the post about the air vent in the back of an enclosure i wanted to ask about my set up without hijacking the thread.
I have a new bank of wooden enclosures 1800Lx500Wx400H split into 3 separate enclosures. Each has a vent approx 15x20cm on the back wall at the top opposite where the heatcord sits. The entire front is perspex so I was wondering whether this is enough for ventilation. Because the front is perspex im not able to cut holes into it so could i drill holes into the top of the enclosure at the front if more air is needed? These will be used to hold spotted pythons.

Thanks in advance

Thanks for not hijacking the other thread :) but if you head back and have a quick read you'll see suggestions regarding venting. Having two sets of vent up high wont achieve a great deal apart from letting the heat out, you'll need something lower. It's possible to drill Perspex but drill slowly with very little pressure. Put masking tape where you want to drill, mark your spot with a dot. Use a fine drill bit and drill a small pilot hole - you don't have to go right through, you're just giving the larger drill bit something to guide it rather than slipping all over the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back