Albino carpets!!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BROWNS

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey there peoples!!!A friend of mine recently produced albino carpets.It was interesting to read the comments on the albino beardys.I posted a pic of the original albino Darwin on the albino beardy forum if anyone hasn't seen a good pic of her before.Like a lot of people i'd always thought an albino was all white and personally an all white snake doesn't do a hell of a lot for me, but when i saw a pic of the albino darwin i thought she looked stunning.Apparently all the babies will have yellow also although aren't showing any as yet.

There was a lot of interest and positive comments about the albino beardies.Would love to hear what you guys out there think about albino carpets and a population being established in captivity.I read only a few comments about them on Australian Snakes which were mainly about what people would pay for one.As Splitmore mentioned about the albino beardies, i know some people wouldn't pay $5 for one but are there any other comments :?:

Cheers,

Browns.........................

pic of the original albino Darwin for those who haven't seen it before or the same pic in the albino beardy discussion

$hit, this topic was meant to go in the Exotics/Other Reptiles forum. How do switch the Albino carpets to the exotics forum?Anyone?

Browns................. :?: :?: :?:

Ah...here we go again.
Who really cares what the technical name for this kind of snake is. Alotta ppl still call them albinos even tho a true has no melanin and pink eyes.
It's a very nice looking snake Browny. I guy in Wagga has a similar one....I'm hoping to get some offspring off him in a year or two.

This is a snake with history :p
It has done almost as much travelling as the Slateman himself lol.I believe it was at the Park in NT then went to a few private collectors?

It has also been posted on this site on numerous occasions,once not so long ago by Paul1 also informing us of its recent breeding.I am not sure what the mating produced though (Amenalistics,hets,norms)...

Yes it is owned by the territory wildlife park and is on loan, to a collector in SA i think it is, and will be coming back up here end of next year, when this snake used to resided up herei got to see it in person :D. I cant wait for it to come up here now that I volunteer at TWP and will get to hold it :D

BROWNS said:
Hey there peoples!!!A friend of mine recently produced albino carpets.It was interesting to read the comments on the albino beardys.I posted a pic of the original albino Darwin on the albino beardy forum if anyone hasn't seen a good pic of her before.Like a lot of people i'd always thought an albino was all white and personally an all white snake doesn't do a hell of a lot for me, but when i saw a pic of the albino darwin i thought she looked stunning.Apparently all the babies will have yellow also although aren't showing any as yet.

There was a lot of interest and positive comments about the albino beardies.Would love to hear what you guys out there think about albino carpets and a population being established in captivity.I read only a few comments about them on Australian Snakes which were mainly about what people would pay for one.As Splitmore mentioned about the albino beardies, i know some people wouldn't pay $5 for one but are there any other comments :?:

Cheers,

Browns.........................

pic of the original albino Darwin for those who haven't seen it before or the same pic in the albino beardy discussion

Hi there can you ask your friend if I can put the photo, in the Australian reptile photo gallery....cool snake

hey baritji how old do u have to be to volenteer at the TWP

Browns, We have seen the picture posted with some news of offspring, It is one awesome python and I cant wait until they are readily available. Probably about 10 years time I guess.
Has anyone a photo or know of info re the albino spotted python found near townsville? I believe NPWS have the animal but what are they doing with it?

G'day Tommo,
I have been there almost a year, and started when I was 15. Though, I don't think there are any age limits. Just give them a call and ask for 'Michelle Nuske' :). Most sections are pretty easy to get into, good luck trying to get into the reptiles, coz I am already there and it is a fairly small section. If you cant get into reptiles and do not have you heart set on anything else then the aquarium is great, also they have the crocs :D. Or you can work at the nocturnal house which is run closely with reptiles,, and you will get too work with professional herpetologists there, and a lot of reptiles are housed there.
Cheers

thanks baritji im 14 right now and i think ill give them a call when im 15 or 16. i live in fannie bay(no jokes please) and its abit of a drive. anyway id love to work with the reptiles, but the nocturnal house is pretty good. i used to be a jr ranger and they put me in the quoll cage and didnt tell me what was in their. abit scarry with 2 quolls growling at u. their cute but they have huge teeth.

Whats the quickest way into Fannie?

I was attacked by a spotted quoll when I was younger.
Cute little buggers look so harmless don't they?
Anyway so I stuck my fingers in the cage to give em a pat and one came running down a branch and latched on. I still carry a mean scar from it to this day lol

Browns,
Have you any photo's of the offspring, the albino offspring ? I am sure there are many here that would like to see a photo.
I have asked the same question of PAUL 1 a while ago, but didn't get an answer or a photo.

Neil

Marc, sure you can use the photo.

Browns........[/quote]

Greebo, you wouldn't happen to have any photos of your mates albino in Wagga would you?I love em and hope to get one when they become available in about a year.The babies should be showing yellow by then which were produced from pairs of hets............

Lovely looking animal.
Bet they would be target in the wild.
Good to see they get to survive in captivity.
Makes you wonder though are we prolonging and nurturing the weakest of the species that mother nature would have had hunted and killed off, therefore breeding a weaker strane?
Just a thought.... I love em all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back