All 4 Pets Springvale - Bredli

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
and to keep this on topic. expand your search further than one store. there are a few in melbourne you will quickly learn the select few that are good and will take care of you and the ones that will take you for a ride and feed you crap.

Have you got any suggestions, preferably around the Melbourne metro area?

I was looking at SXR, but I'd rather be able to see the animal in person before I buy.

And I have been looking for a few months, the only reason I posted on this particular shop is because I couldn't find any comments about them anywhere else.

SXR might be a sight unseen ordering mob, but I have seen a few different snakes of theirs and have been more than impressed with them. I am awaiting an order from them, to arrive middle of year and can't wait. Diane and um...forget his name......are great ppl to deal with. Friendy and easy going.

name one that has a bad reputation that doesent deserve it?
there are a select few that are good and have a known reputation for being good. the bad ones just get all there buisiness from talking advantage of people who are not in the online and social herp community and are looking for there first snake. they later learn of there mistake and most of the people saying pet stores are rubbish are talking from experiance and not naming the exact ones due to site rules.

so go on... name one you think is good that has a bad reputation?

and to keep this on topic. expand your search further than one store. there are a few in melbourne you will quickly learn the select few that are good and will take care of you and the ones that will take you for a ride and feed you crap.

You have to remember there are a team of people who work at each petstore, and all of those people have different opinions on keeping animals, and how to do it.
You can't just say petstores are bad, that's blatantly exaggerated.

It can vary, if someone in charge of the reptile part of a petstore were to quit, and they found someone else, standards may not be the same.

and no, i won't name names because i have before and apparently it can be a violation on aussiepythons.

It's my opinion.

i havnt been to that shop but drove past it on the way to the reptile expo,so will have to go suss it,it cant be worse than the other springvale shop,lol,reptile shops do charge more for there stock,they have rent to pay,wages ect ect,mind u they buy animals cheaply and mark the price up,dont write the animals off because there from a pet shop though,if they have been there for a year its a good sign there healthy if they are still holding condition and behaving normally,also u can always haggle the price,alot of pet shops will lower there prices if u ask,especially if they have had them that long

Hi all

This is my first post so 'waves':D

I saw this post and I just had to reply....:p
I work at All 4 Pets, we have not had the snakes for a year, we have had them only for a short period....we kept the feeding cards with the snakes so we could keep the feeding record going. The feeding cards have been with them since they were hatchlings at the breeders. If it were my choice I would keep all the snakes cause they are so dam cute hehe!!:D:p
The snakes are in good health and gaining size.:D
Nobody should down all pet shops just because there are some who should definately not keep any animal....I have seen some shockers who should not be in business.:x On the upside I have seen some who are totally devoted to their animals. I guess I would check out all the shops in the area and look at the cages/housing that will give you an idea of the care they are receiving.:)
I take pride in my work, if a customer came to me with a question I did not know, I would ask a more knowledgeble person who would know what they were talking about before going back to the customer, I think that is just the fair and right thing to do. There is no point giving shoddy information to customers afterall it will come back and bite you in the butt in the end.

There I have had my rant lol:D:p

Hi all

This is my first post so 'waves':D

I saw this post and I just had to reply....:p
I work at All 4 Pets, we have not had the snakes for a year, we have had them only for a short period....we kept the feeding cards with the snakes so we could keep the feeding record going. The feeding cards have been with them since they were hatchlings at the breeders. If it were my choice I would keep all the snakes cause they are so dam cute hehe!!:D:p
The snakes are in good health and gaining size.:D
Nobody should down all pet shops just because there are some who should definately not keep any animal....I have seen some shockers who should not be in business.:x On the upside I have seen some who are totally devoted to their animals. I guess I would check out all the shops in the area and look at the cages/housing that will give you an idea of the care they are receiving.:)
I take pride in my work, if a customer came to me with a question I did not know, I would ask a more knowledgeble person who would know what they were talking about before going back to the customer, I think that is just the fair and right thing to do. There is no point giving shoddy information to customers afterall it will come back and bite you in the butt in the end.

There I have had my rant lol:D:p

I beg to differ, the snakes you have now, perhaps have been there less then a year but when I worked there over a year ago there was snakes, after all I was employed because of them.

the shop you are talking about has really turned itself around over the past 12 months. it used to be a dirty old place but they have refurbed it with all new enclosures (just check out their ewd enclosure)

i go there every now and then to pick up some crickets. it's a helluva lot better then it was, and looks like it will get better still.

if you want a shop for good reptiles go to amazing amazon in glen waverly. or if your up for a drive go to bunarong aquarium which is just on the outskirts of frankston. both are good stores. one of the young blokes here works at bunarong. you get good information at both of these places.

I beg to differ, the snakes you have now, perhaps have been there less then a year but when I worked there over a year ago there was snakes, after all I was employed because of them.

what? of course the bloody place sold snakes a year ago. it also sold dogs, cats, rabbits birds and fish. she is saying the feeding cards are kept with the snakes despite coming from the breeder only a few weeks beforehand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back