All gecko's boring?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

natrix

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I have half a dozen snakes and had never had a reptile with legs untill the Castle Hill Show
a couple of months back when I got sucked into buying a leaf-tailed gecko because it was looking at me with those big eyes.
He's doing fine , but I've gotta say , he's so boring & hardly moves at all.
Are all gecko's like this ?

Wait, you keep snakes and think a gecko doesn't do anything? I don't get it.

Wait, you keep snakes and think a gecko doesn't do anything? I don't get it.

I had the thought when I bought him that maybe he'd run around & be more active than the pythons , but no , compared to the gecko , the snakes are like meercats on amphetamines.

Geckos aren't going to do much as there nocturnal so dont really move till the lights go out. plus leaf tails are camouflage hunters i believe so they dont go running around chasing things. i would LOVE to own a leaftailed gecko iv loved them since i seen one years and years ago at a museum. i dont see how you can think such a beautiful interesting animal is boring, it aint gonna be running around attacking and killing everything in its enclosure for your entertainment if thats what you think. if its so boring give it to me, :p:lol:

Steve

leafies are the most boring of geckoes, they only move to eat. If you want something that can move, get a Oedura robusta, they move like lightning, esp when the enclosure door is open.

Geckos aren't going to do much as there nocturnal so dont really move till the lights go out. plus leaf tails are camouflage hunters i believe so they dont go running around chasing things. i would LOVE to own a leaftailed gecko iv loved them since i seen one years and years ago at a museum. i dont see how you can think such a beautiful interesting animal is boring, it aint gonna be running around attacking and killing everything in its enclosure for your entertainment if thats what you think. if its so boring give it to me, :p:lol:

Steve

Yeah ; the "running around , attacking & killing" aren't really what i had in mind.
I'm talking more like walking 4 inches along a stick.

but you can still see it right? most geckos hide all day and come out at night when you cant see them. atleast you get to see leaftails and there a beautiful looking animal.

but you can still see it right? most geckos hide all day and come out at night when you cant see them. atleast you get to see leaftails and there a beautiful looking animal.

yes , you can see it , & yes it's beautiful , but so is a strawberry.

yes , you can see it , & yes it's beautiful , but so is a strawberry.

So whats this all convo about.. not all geckos dont move like leaf taileds BUT!, alot of other geckos hide all day and only come out when its dark and you cant see them so it will probably bore you either way. what are you gonna do with the leaf tail if its as boring as a strawberry to you?

So whats this all convo about.. not all geckos dont move like leaf taileds BUT!, alot of other geckos hide all day and only come out when its dark and you cant see them so it will probably bore you either way. what are you gonna do with the leaf tail if its as boring as a strawberry to you?

Put it in the blender with some yoghurt ?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back