All This Talk About Escapes....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kevyn

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I had a dream about these finding These guys last night. Must be all the talk about escaped reptiles. These are my lost albino california kingsnakes :cry: .

100_0594.sized.jpg

100_0595.sized.jpg

Beautiful animals and may your dream become reality.
Regards Rina

kevyn - how long ago did they escape. I assume your house is sealed tight because of the time of year.

And all this talk about escapes reminds me to fix a door on my WP cage. The wood has swollen and it won't close properly. I definatly don't wan't to start a thread "Help - my water pythons have escaped". People laugh at me enough already.

Fuscus, I've got a suspision that they are still in the house somewhere. I doubt they could get outside. I keep looking but they were just a few inches, so it's like looking for a needle in the perverbial hay-stack.

Have you tried drawing them out using bait - e.g. a mouse in a cage? Put talcum powder around to show any tracks and ensure the night time temperture is set to "KingSnake is Active". Leave overnight and/or during quiet time of day (are kingsnakes nocturnal?) If you had already fed them on mice then the mouse scent may draw them out. Of course the could be curled up during the winter and won't appear until spring.

best of luck and keep us informed.

put a large mouse in a cage with small holes in it. the snake gets in, eats the mouse and then can't fit out the holes again. you'll wake up and there will be your snake

a mouse in a bird cage in a dark room with the cage surrounded with plastic bags... then when u hear a noise turn on your flash light. but not a light switch cos if they are around the light switch might spook them and they wont come out at all

A large mouse with a small snake might not be such a great idea, he may wake up to find bits of snake! :shock: these are very small snakes from the looks of it, maybe a pinky or two in a small guage cage? :lol:

They're really small. When they got out I stashed pinkies around the room. No such luck. I've looked everywhere. I'm hoping they could just be curled up for winter. Hoping....

Im sure kevyn is the best judge of prey size but it is dangerous to allow a snake to attack a live rodent. We have all heard horror stories of rodents vs snakes. My previous post was to attract the snake out and confirm that the snakes are stil alive. Place a hiding place nearby. Hopefully the tracks in the talc would show the snakes was around.

ANd I was able to fix that door :)

Good luck finding the little critters Kev.

A friend was lucky,his baby childrens escaped from it's cage found him around 10.30pm when he went to the bathroom to wash his face and hands before bed,as he went to turn on the tap at the sink he felt a couple of little wacks on his hand looked down and there was the little snake rapped around tap trying to smash my friend.
Hope you find them Kev.Very nice looking snakes champ.

I only just found out my snake also had a little outing while I wasnt there. My father didnt close the viv door fully, next morning my mother walks in finds theres no snake and the door open a few cms. Shes a decent enough size at 18 mnths, but my family has three very large house cats (though their terrified of her, one cat almost concussed itself one day trying to run out of my room when the thing it was watching in the tank suddenly looked at him :lol: ). Luckily it only took a few minutes to find her curled up sleeping in a draw (oddly enough the draw contained all my reptile books and documents). She quickly raised herself up to see why it suddenly got brighter and scared the hell out of my mother whod opened the draw. :lol: . I couldnt breathe at first when they told me she`d escaped, it took a few minutes for the meaning of "we found her" to sink in. So I hope everyone finds there missing herps, because I only knew mine was lost for a few minutes and that was still one of the worst feelings ive ever had.

Jay

i've lost bluies and only reallised when i've found them! lol!!!
good luck in finding those kingsnakes.

I know exactly what you mean! My olive got out one day (sliding glass door, not latched properly) and took me ages to find him! I have a wall-mounted hot water service - he was curled up on top of that soaking up the heat! Logical, I guess, but had a few heart-stopping moments until I found him! :)

Speaking of escapees, My older brother found my Gecko today :D

Whered he find the lil blighter? and were any "traps" said or was it purely him seeing something while walking through the house casually .lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back