Alternative food for young stimson?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleriant

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I'm away from home at the moment so I don't have any pinkies for my little stimmy. He's about 5-6 weeks old and it's time for a feed.

Just wondering if some raw chicken or beef or something would be a good substitute, or if I should fork out the cash for a bunch of pinkies. Only reason I'm not too keen to do this is cos he'll get one feed out of them and I'll have to leave them behind when I go back home.

No can do. I'd have to buy 15 of them from my local pet store =S

Do you travel with your snake??? They can go weeks without food but if your desperate don't be so tight just go and buy a packet of pinkys and keep them frozen

Meh...I wasn't really being tight. It's just that I'm only here for a few more days, so the rest of the pinkies are going to sit in the freezer forever more. Also, I only took the little dude with me cos I wasn't sure how long I'd be away, and he's only six weeks old so I wanted to make sure he'd be ok.

I went out and bought them, just in case there wasn't a good alternative. Not to worry, at least he's got a decent meal now =)

If anyone has any good suggestions in case I have to travel with him again one day, that would still be awesome.

A week or two or three or four without food wont hurt. So leave him at home at the right temp, in a controlled environment, without food is probably better than moving it around to a variety of environments, diseases and distractions which may be more detri,ental than missing a feed..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back