Always when your not prepared

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Herc

Reaction score
Tonight i came home and proceeded to do my usual rounds. when i checked on my Childreni i noticed the female was sitting higher in her coils then usual. my first thoughts/hopes were right, she had laid a clutch (her very first) of what appears to be 8 healthy/fertile eggs. the thing that caught me off guard and thus left me not so prepared, hence the mad run around to get the old incubator running was despite dreaming of her being gravid and showing some signs ie belly up etc. she stopped displaying these signs all together, even to the point of eating again and climbing on the perch that is in the cage. so seeing this i had pretty much given up hope of getting any eggs from anything this season.so as you all could probably guess i am a little suprised, but very happy at the same time. here are (if they work) a couple of pics. now the hard part, the waiting......
:lol:

well done, congrats and good luck, many a sleepless night heading your way :)

Yay! I've just my little girl coiled around 12 eggs, her second clutch.... Looks like I'll be inundated with tiny Liasis maculosa in about 6 weeks!

I'm using vermiculite for incubation though...

-Henry

Back again. I was just wondering what type of childrens python is it. I have just bought an adult one with the same markings and colouring and the previous owner didn't know. Thanks

re Always

Murray its chidreni mate,and well done herc and nephurus !! :D

congrats!I am sure it is very exciting!

great thanx inny, and thankyou, im am very pleased with this surprise.
just an update, mum is doing fine she has eating 2 adult mice tonight. so im pleased she has her appetite back so soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back