Am I another paranoid newbie?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

April451

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I posted another question about my little stimson python to do with the temperature of her enclosure..
I ended turning up the heat and now have a gradient of about 25 to 31 degrees.
When I looked at her today I noticed tiny little white spots that look like they might be skin flakes. Id take a photo but they are really too tiny to show up. Im just wondering whether its to do with the temperature change or maybe shes about to shed or something else.... I havnt had her long enough to see the shedding process so i really dont know. Any ideas? Or am i being paranoid lol...

Oh and also, she does not have milky eyes and her skin looks pretty normal!

25 to 31 ?? thats a big difference ..... you want her hot end mostly on about 32ish ..... as for the white i'm unsure very hard to say without seeing it

The temperature is a little rough only because its an all glass enclosure and the heat escapes fairly quickly before the heat lamp turns on again...has made it a bit annoying to measure the temperature at one time with one thermometer. Will have to get another one... I set the thermostat to 28 to get the difference. I was originally told to set it to 26! Which even to me seemed weird after what id read!

Wally is right, could well be mites but we need to see some pics to confirm.

April i dont know where your located but you would fine a thermostat handy .....

This why we don't reccomend keeping snakes in aquariums. Give her a 5 minute swim in some room temp. water in something white, if she has mites you'll probably see some little black dots on the bottom of the container.

Oh it is a reptile terrarium with vents on the front and lid, its just glass, sorry lol. Where do the mites come from anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back