andrew_555 says hey

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

andrew_555

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

My name is andrew (no points for having guessed that already). I'm 21 from Sydney originally, but now i live in alice springs, i'm a pilot and i'm also doing some study by corro at University of New South Wales. Although i dont have any herps at the moment, i'm well on my way to getting my first (just as soon as the lights and heat mat for my home made enclosure arrive in the mail). Looking at either a bredli or jungle at the moment - wish i could get both.

Anyway guys, i look forward to learning from all of you becuase i'm a bit of an all or nothing kinda guy and i want the best for my new snake (whichever it happens to be).

Oh and speaking of, the details for my enclosure are as follows:

480 x 920 x 1350
three front sides are glass (one of the 920 sides -the back- is painted and sealed mdf)
Looking at getting a decent length of heat cord to cover a third of the floor, and either a 100W or 150W UVA heat light with a thermostat connected to the light only. I'm going to try and have the enclosure running for a little while before i put the snake in, just ot make sure it's all set correctly. We'll see how it goes though.

Well there you go, Thanks for reading and i'll speak to everyone soon.

Andy

Welcome to the site, it won't take long and you'll have boththose pythons and more

thanks mayo, i'm not going to kid myself into thinking that i'm going to stop at one :)

Looks like you've accepted the inevitable already, Andrew! Saves having to choose between a bredli and a jungle. All you have to do is decide which one comes first!

Welcome. Lily :D

thanks lily, i've been reading a few of your posts, your GTP is beautiful too... damn that makes three, i'd better get building enclosures...

Welcome Andrew!

Bredli and Jungle....what a choice! Both exceptionally nice snakes! Good luck- it sounds like you have your head screwed on the right way!

Welcome again,
Marie.

Not that I know what types bredli or jungles are... but why cant you get both?
aren't click clacks the way to go for young snakes anyway?
But hello to you anyway!

Hi Andrew, welcome mate. If 1350 is the height and 920 the width then I would go with a jungle, it will love that as an adult. Mind you a bredli would like it too, but I think a jungle would get more use out of the height.

Like Tatelina said, if you get anything under a yearling it might be a little big to start with so you might want to invest in a click clack, or buy an adult snake. ;)

Thanks guys,

I've managed to find a great bredli from blackdog. As for the size, i am a little concerned that it might be a little big but i'm planning to load the enclosure up with hides, also a click clack is easy enough to get at short notice if there is a problem... We'll see what happens, but thanks heaps for the tips guys!

Welcome to the site Andy.

I wonder how many you will have within a year? This hobby can get very addictive ! LOL!

Cheers Neil

greg fyfe has hot bredli and jungles !

the best bit is that he and the missus live in alice!

I would def check him out first.

welcom to the site mate

nick

I would search the archives for enclosure ideas. Over the years some pretty impressive photos of enclosures have been posted to this site.

I have a care sheet on the Herp Shop web site with constuction details for enclosures I designed and built with ceramic tiles used as flooring. (Have a look at the links and care sheets at http://www.herptrader.com.au)

Welcome to the forum mate.

Really like the way you plan things, no need rushing into the unknown.
Your new pythons will have a lot to look forward to i imagine :D

I hope you'll have the same joy of this forum as i already do ^__^

Greetz Tom

Thanks for all the feedback guys.
Herptrader: i've read most of the information that i can get on this website, i have a knack of trying to reply to posts that are several months old hahaha and i've read many of the plans that are available too, and used most of the ideas for my enclosure (that can work anyway). Cant wait till it's all finished (should be tomorrow) then i'll post the picks and you guys can see what you've all helped me with.
rexs1: thanks for the tip, i've pm'ed you to see whether i can get into contact with the fyfe's
and dutchy, thanks for the nice words, i'm just about ready for the snake though, only a light to fit and a couple of enrichment items to organise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back