Angle headed dragon feeding behaviours

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yeah1526

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi. Im a little worried about the eating behaviour of my southern angle headed dragons.
Ive had them since october last year, around the mating season where they were very active and eating alot (4-5 large crickets daily).

As summer ended and we got into winter, they have slowed down alot and eat alot less. they'll sit in the same spot for most of the day.
my female eats mayeb once or twice a week, which im not worried about as i expected that.

my male lizard ate his last meal on 29/5/2011, about one month ago, and he is significantly less active, moreso than the female.

ive ruled out sulking, as theres nothing about the terrarium thats been altered. and theres no chance that hes eating behind my back as i remove any uneaten crickets.

other than he eating he seems to look healthy, its just that hes not interested in eating.
i know its normal for these lizards to not eat for up to a fortnight during the winter...but one month??
also its worth mentioning that i have the temp regulated so despite it being winter, its not very cold.

if anyone else has any experience with these lizards some advice would be very helpful
Thanks!.

I got 6 and there all eating like troopers what's the temps? IDE say that's your problem.

Mine are doing just the same mate - its normal for them to slow down and not eat a lot through winter or move around.

As long as they're not loosing to much condition I wouldn't get to worried

If you want to keep them feeding and get some growth happening you could give them some extra heat :)

I'm keeping mine at a solid 22-24 in winter and they are not slowing down I kinda wish they did a bit so I could build my crickets and woodies up.

I'm keeping mine at a solid 22-24 in winter and they are not slowing down I kinda wish they did a bit so I could build my crickets and woodies up.

Hi ya, am new at this so forgive my ignorance... how do you breed your crickets? I'm gonna go broke if l buy a tub a day....

Hi ya, am new at this so forgive my ignorance... how do you breed your crickets? I'm gonna go broke if l buy a tub a day....

Go on you tube and search breeding crickets it's a topic I could speak days about. If you want to here it from me pm me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back