Another Newbie

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragoness

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just a quickie to say hi. Im working on my OH to get me a new pet for xmas, unfortunately he doesnt seem terribly keen (I have had a def NO to any kind of snake, but I think he is still open to other suggestions) Any ideas on what would be best for a learner? We had a veiled chameleon whilst living in Canada, but obviously had to give him up when we returned to Aus. I just need something to fill that reptile void that has developed since giving up Clive.

Cheers

Welcome, this site is an awesome place to get all the information you will need.
I'd probably suggest knob tailed gecko's or bearded dragons.

Find a new man.
Plenty available on this site that will allow you to keep whatever species you like :p

get a snake and tell him it's a legless lizard. by the time it has grown big he will like it as much as u do. or a levi levi the cutest things ever!

Oh, and WELCOME :D

welcome, if u are not allowed a snake, have a beardie, or a bluey, or a shingleback, angleheaded, or geckos. i have them and they make lovely pets. and still alot of fun. but, just do what i do, go and buy the snake without telling them, then they cant make u get rid of it. lol

Thanks guys, I dont think the snake would last long if I just bought it home (I tried that when I was working at canberra zoo and was allowed to have one of their juv. childrens pythons, I was told in no uncertain terms that if one came home with me it would be removed, so unfair!!!)
I assume knob tails are easy to care for? (they are ssoo cute!) what kind of enclosure do they need etc? (or is there somewhere on here that has all that info?)

Cheers

I think the best thing to do would be to use the search because there is a lot of information spread over quite a few forums.
From what I know they are great for begginers so that would mean they are easier to care for, they dont need UV because they are nocturnal and a 2ft tank can hold 2 of them :). Try doing a search with the button at the top of the page and I am certain you will find everything you need to know.... unless someone more knowledgeable would like provide the information :)

welcome, if u are not allowed a snake, have a beardie, or a bluey, or a shingleback, angleheaded, or geckos. i have them and they make lovely pets. and still alot of fun. but, just do what i do, go and buy the snake without telling them, then they cant make u get rid of it. lol

hahaaha or not... I only found out that my sisters fiance has a phobia of snakes when it finally clicked to him that I wasn't kidding about bringing a snake home in January..he won't be able to come into our house after that, and I think if I didn't tell him and he accidently found out or heaven forbid saw it when he was there...he would have a skitz!

I found the way to turn your parents/family around is to get somthing with the same texture as snakes (ie bluetongues) and get them to hold them and touch them..and keep on egging them..eventually they'll come round and realise that not only will be it kinda just like a thinner lizard without legs (and the fact that we know thats not true doesnt matter) but you also won't give up. That and get everything for it and have it in their way all the time.. hehe I had 3 empty fish tanks and lights and all sorts of accersories and they eventually got fed up with 'me having no space in my room' to store them and keeping ugly empty space wasters in the family space. :)

Welcome to the site!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back