Another rip off merchant......

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to give abit of identification to open a bank account so wouldn't you be able to go to the persons bank and they would at least know the person or is there a simple way around this I'm not seeing?
scorps

i.e., in UK you can pretty much open a bank account under your dogs ID, without leaving your lounge room... but then, you can also loose money the same way as I did, to a con gang in Nigeria who was able to use my card 3 times!
It was Good Friday and I didn't even leave the house, not to mention I've never been in Nigeria!! I didn't noticed until the following Monday when I was going to pay for my lunch.

This time of scam escalated hugely since the introduction of the chip on card, that supposedly was to prevent scams...

If you answer the ad the know you are a sucker and most the work is done..

Well, it's not always that simple...

– When I enquired about the pups for sale in Brisbane (there was no additional info to give away it's legit) only when I received an email reply and I was told of the shipment from Perth and other dodgy details, I immediate realised the scam and pulled out.

– Again similarly, when I was selling my bike and I thought I got a genuine enquire, only when the guy mentioned payment no longer through paypal as initially discussed, but WU deposits for his courier company etc. etc., I then realised the scam.

Here, my bank advised me to open a new account for the purpose of selling the bike and then to close it straight away.
(there has been occasions where the money showing deposited into a bank account, vanishes again after a few days, [a very close family member was victim of this]) – the same for Paypal accounts, money showed in credit, disappears later on. This happened to me twice even my Paypal account was inactive for almost 12 months!

On either occasions monies were recovered fully, but it's a long and scary process.

P.S. no passwords or any personal info, like security details etc. were ever shared/passed on by the victims, but scam(s) still happen!

Last edited:
All I can say is people warer mark your pics to protect what is rightfully your property

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back