Ant problem

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brentf

Reaction score
We have a real ant issue They got into our spider enclosure and ate her**** We really would like to get another but dont want to buy expencive ant food. I have had to put crickets click clack in dish of water cos the ants got into them as well. I have read on this site a gum or paste that people were putting around contanirs to keep critters in will this keep ants out??? It has been sugested ant rid but cant use that inside as our pythons are out of their enclosures a bit.

erm hard one i love ant sand i use it around all my tanks and outside windows .... hard if you have pythons around

Fluon.
It's a fluid type of teflon if you can find it, stocks around the country seem to be limited.

How big is your enclosure? If all you’re worried about is your spiders etc maybe try some panty-hose/stockings over the top of the enclosure and then put the lid on. I use it on my sling enclosures to stop the spiders and/or crickets from escaping and it works. I can’t even see the smallest of the small ant species being able to get through. Just an idea. Depends how big your enclosure is I suppose and how big the stockings are you can get (never used them on my big enclosures).

We had a similar problem a just over a year ago, we used mortein ant sand and it worked realy well and we haven't had a problem since.

I work at a Pet shop and we have an ant issue aswell. we have put all our arachnids on a shelf with legs in tubs of water aswell as our crickets. Although they sometimes find ways in along cords and other objects leaning across so just smear some vasoline or silicon on a part of the cord so they will ge stuck if they try and clinb up it.....good luck

Thanks guys for your advice have emailed herp shop and will look into water idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back