Antaresia enclosure size opinion..

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dotofblue

Reaction score
Hi there,

I know there are lots of threads on enclosure sizes, I hope this isn't too repetitious...
Anyway, I've been doing some research for several weeks regarding my first pet snake! I'm leaning towards getting an adult Antaresia species, probably a childreni.

I've recently come across a nice cabinet conversion enclosure, but I'm a little unsure of the suitability of the dimensions. It's about 75cm L x 40cm W x 95cm H. Am I better off going for length and width in an enclosure rather than height? Is another species more likely to utilize the height?

Thanks in advance! Here's to many more 'n00b' questions...

I've yet to get my own first snake, but am looking at the same sort of things.

I'm getting a 60x45x45, which is just big enough for one of these.

As for height, From what I've read it doesn't matter too much for Childrens (can go either long or tall), but it can matter greatly for others.

Hope it helps.

I have just bought my first childreni and she is in a click clack. she loves to climb so when i make my enclosure i will add height. These snakes in nature will hang from inside caves to eat small bats so climbing is definately in their nature, in saying that i'm sure it will be happy in either.

i have my adult spotted in a 4 ft tall 2ft wide tank which is spilt into 4 levels. ill try and get some pics, but just make it really accesible and they will love it. she roams all day and night sometimes. hope it helped.
paulie

My stimmie lives in a 60cm high x 45cm long x 45cm deep, and it's great for him. :)

A lot of people recommend length over height, but Aspin loves climbing - he's always up on the branches or trying to squeeze into the gap between the backdrop and the roof.

Antaresias are amazing as a first snake, you'll be very happy ^_^.

When he/she is bigger my stimmie will go into my 900mmx600x600 which I've been told is plenty big enough :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back