Anxiety and my snake...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very sound advice cracks ;) ...intelligent answer! I have suffered from anxiety for a few years now and no offense to anyone who has is...but it's all about strengthening your mind ...
I found that if something was overwhelming me to the point of having an attack, I'd step back for a minute and clear my mind then when relaxed enough I would go back and try again.
I kept pushing myself until the fear of what ever it was at the time freaking me out just vanished

Yeah, breaking boundaries is a good thing to do, I just get overwhelmed I have trouble breathing and thinking as well. I just don't want to cause the snake stress.

In your intro thread, you said you decided to 'get a snake because i am terrified of them, and i think it is the best way to get over my fear.'
You then went on to say 'now I'm completely over the fear'

Can you remember what helped you then?

Good point, I put the snake on my bed, on top of the blankets. That helps a lot thank you.

Thanks to everyone who had constructive things to say. I have to go and get some hypnosis therapy, now that I think of how beneficial it can be. Addressing the result of it is good advice as well. Hopefully I can move on to other herps once this thing goes.

maybe reinvent the way you look at the snake, all reptiles. read lots of texts, watch documentries and spend time on the net researching them, approach it as a science, not your pet snake WHICH MIGHT BIGHT YOU. just an idea. good luck.

Good luck and take it slow, see if you can get someone close to you to help with the snake. Not everthing said about snakes is true especially if its printed in the media.
My advice previously about positive feeling and food try icecream, everybody likes icecream..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back