any advice??? PLEASE

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Greaf

Reaction score
One of my beardys does not look too well, he is lethargic and seems to be breathing heavier than usual. His eyes are not as opened and bright as normal, can anyone help or any ideas? thanks heaps

Hmmm, might really help in this instance to know about your setup - inside, outside, heat, uvb etc.
A simple drink may not be the solution............. too late if it's not.

Info would be good. Usually for a beardie to show signs of not being well means they're REALLY unwell.
Wait to hear..............:)

all good now

thankyou for you response, this site is fantastic for advice from like-minded reptile lovers. It seems that it was probably my fault for not keeping their water full & fresh (i will never do that again), but after a good drink and a bath TWEAK is back to normal. He is eating well and his eyes are as bright as ever. Thanks heaps :p

Good to hear Greaf. Also keep check on his basking temperatures, too. Beardies like it nice and hot but step it down, around his basking spot so he can pick and choose the temperature he wants. His hot spot is important. Any sick beardie should have access to maximum temps. TWEAK is a good name. Sounds cute.

Hey, that’s good to hear.

A few ideas to consider…
Dragons will often only drink moving water. That is why a spray or drops placed on their mouth can entice them to drink - seeing or feeling the moving water. An aquarium pump and air-stone can be used to agitate the water in a water bowl and induce drinking behaviour from the bowl with those that a re normally reluctant to drink from it. An alternative, if you have provision for setting up and overflow, is to have a gravity fed dripper that will feed a drop into the water bowl every minure or so. Regular water changes help as many will not drink water that has been sitting for any length of time. Vegies containing significant moisture, like celery (cut into bite size chewable chunks of course) can also assist in maintaining hydration.

Blue

hey mate i keep a couple of central beardies i keep a water bowl in there for them and spray them with water twice a day, what temps have u got?

I have a fairly large tank with good temp variation ranging from 38 at the top right around 30 top left down to 20-25 bottom left the bottom right cencor is broken, i also have a heat rock. They also have a great diet (my wife thinks they eat better than her). I will start to spray them and see if i can do something about some movement in the water. Thanks again people you all rock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back