Any herpers around gladstone/Rocky?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

munkee

Reaction score
Just curious if there are any herpers in the gladstone area. Going to be working there over the summer. I'm if many people north keep pythons as they are bit more common.

Any rat suppliers/stores in gladstone as the 'kids' will be coming with me.

Hi Munkee,
I live bout 45 mins from Gladstone in a little place called Biloela. PM me

Hey, Im in Gladhole. :p Munkee, the local pet store here does sell tubs of frozen mice/rats etc, either in bulk or individuals. PM me for more details if you have questions on Gladstone/Rocky and stuff. :)

Okay cool all, will do when it gets closer to the time. I start working at QAL in early december. Will PM in october or nov. Cheers

I am working as a vacation worker for QAL. With Armstrong as my supervisor Not sure of his first name but he is about 31 I think he is a plant manager of some level. Got some friends working in R&D unde Bogdan Skorma.

Is there sector numbers. I will try and find out from Vicki (HR) where I'll be working.

i'm in Rocky

I was amased at the price of live rats in Gladstone petshop $7 wher in Rocky they are $4.5

pm if you like

MARK

That's because the rats at Gladstone's main petshop are destined for "pets" and not feeders. The manager also buys rats from the local breeders who breed for health and temperment, colours come last, those are the ones that go for $7ish. If you want feeder rats, you need to talk to the lady-manager at Gladstone Pet Lovers (not Pets n' Ponds), or ask around for live-feed breeders (only one in town that I know of). If you're wanting to buy feeder/mongrel rats, PM me and I'll get you the details of the breeder (he cares for rehab pythons too) :)

munkee dude,
make sure you go fishing off swains reef while your there. 8) :D

great to see that even Rocky has some herpers. I'm in Rocky too Markinaus. have to catch up and have coffee??

Ps ~ we've just started breeding some mice, but I think we'll have to look into rats soonish... The mice seem to be all hair and still very little bodies...

once we get the new addition this season (jungle), he'll need the mice, but the rats will be needed for our current python in a few more months... :?

breeding rats

I breed rats for myself in rocky I think have it pretty well set up now.The only thing I probabaly need to do it better is make up an insulated room and add a air conditioner.The rats just hate the heat and dont produce many young over summer.I only have a couple of pairs of mice for baby snakes the they dont seem to be as tough as rats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back