any opinions??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessica85

Reaction score
hi everyone, i was just after a few ppls opinions, i just noticed some white egg looking shape things in my eastern water dragons tank, i originally thought she was a he, but i think now this isn't the case! I didn't want to dig them out either as she is laying above them! anyway here are sum pics, sorry bout the quality! let me know wat you think???

Attachments

• eggs 004.jpg
    eggs 004.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 137
  • eggs 003.jpg
    eggs 003.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 112
  • eggs 002.jpg
    eggs 002.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 119
  • eggs 001.jpg
    eggs 001.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 115
they could be eggs, sometimes females will produce eggs without actually mating but i believe they aren't fertile

what should i do then? should i remove them? As i don't think they would be fertile as she hasn't mated!!

how long have you had her?

If she hasn't been with a male for along time then yeh just throw them but if she has in the past 6months or so, maybe try incubate them... The trick is when diggin them up try to not turn the egg's, take them out as they lay.

ive only had her for a month, so im not to sure if she was with a male or not before that!

hhmm, maybe if you are lucky you may have a few extras

Hi Jess,

They look like eggs...dig them up, they are very hardy. Stick them in some damp (not wet) medium, put them somewhere with a stable temperature (in a cupboard, under a bed etc) and they'll hatch.

If you put some photo's up of your new Water Dragon, it will be very easy to sex.

Cheers

unless u have an incubator set up rdy for them i wouldnt dig them up ... just leave em and see what happens

yea i dont have an incubator, i do know someone that does though, and here's sum pics of my water dragon...
Once again, sorry about poor quality.

Attachments

• Lizards 016.jpg
    Lizards 016.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 79
  • Lizards 020.jpg
    Lizards 020.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 74
  • Lizards 021.jpg
    Lizards 021.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 81
When I breed my EWD's last season I dug out the eggs, put the 10 eggs in two seperate chinese containers with moist vermiculite and just sat them in an old enclosure under light and they hatched at 52 days. Can't remember the exact temp I used..I think around 28 degree's..100% hatched.

I'd give it ago!

& you can candle them after a few weeks to see if they are fertile, just use a key ring LED light.

Good luck!

Hatchies are easy to care for I wouldn't worry about that!

no worries, but i think i will leave them in there for 2nite as she has only put them in there sum time 2day, and i will get everything organized for them 2moro, wow, how exciting! lol, that is if they are fertile!! :)

WOW Jess youve mad my descion harder, i was debating wether to get a ewd or a beardie and i was leaning toward beardie but now ive seen yours i may have to re consider!

lol, yea she is pretty awesome, i now know why she was digging all time though!!

yea it could be, but she could have also just layed non fertile eggs, as i know someone that has two female ewd that always do the same thing!! but hopefully this ones are actually fertile??? fingers crossed!! :)

Also would the gravel be to heavy on the eggs? keeping in mind i will be removing them 2moro when i have an incubator for them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back