Anyone else seeing Tool Live this Monday?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kurt Cobain killed himself because he did not like the direction the band was going. I was not disputing your description of Tool but just making mention to how the word meaning in music has changed.

sorry if it looked like i was arguing :) were all right in a way :)

What other musical interests do you have other than classical? I think Tool are a newer rock version of Vivaldi, flamboyant and playfully exuberant.
I enjoy most genres of music. I did grade 8 violin so I guess that I appreciate orchestral music the most. I also like bluegrass, soul, funk, R&B, hip hop, etc and a bit if American folk music like Jay Ungers 'ashoken fair well' that featured on the civil war doco in the 90's. I love the combination of orchestral and hip hop too. A few of the European hip hop artists excel at that type of fusion.

I enjoy most genres of music. I did grade 8 violin so I guess that I appreciate orchestral music the most. I also like bluegrass, soul, funk, R&B, hip hop, etc and a bit if American folk music like Jay Ungers 'ashoken fair well' that featured on the civil war doco in the 90's. I love the combination of orchestral and hip hop too. A few of the European hip hop artists excel at that type of fusion.
Have you heard the orchestral tribute to Iron Maiden? Not exactly a fusion but something different.

Have you heard the orchestral tribute to Iron Maiden? Not exactly a fusion but something different.

There are some awesome genre tributes out there. I havent heard the Iron Maiden one though. I have a few bluegrass tribute albums that I really like. The blugrass tribute to Radio Head is amazing... Typically if the original artists composed a really good piece of music, then they can make for really good and interesting orchestral pieces (or blugrass, jazz etc pretty much most genres)....

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually like Classical (A mate of mine is a Conductor for the Dublin Orchestra) -

The Dublin Philharmonic or Dublin Symphony Orchestra? I like some classical, but obviously not all orchestral music is classical. Some of the great composers of our century would be known for their movie scores. John Williams, James Horner etc etc.. I always found playing movie scores the most fun :)

How good is Yo Yo Ma playing Ennio's 'Ecstasy of Gold' from The good the bad and the ugly!? Seeing this sort of thing live is an awesome experience.
Ecstasy of Gold - Yo Yo Ma plays Ennio Morricone - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:
Alternative is what they were when I started listening to them 13-14 years ago and I don't think I would classify them as anything else, but that's just me. I sure as hell would not call them a particularly 'heavy' band just different. Growing up they were one of those bands that helped me out when I needed it, then again so did Emperor :p
This thread is a perfect example of how one shouldn't be viewed one way or another purely for a single band they listen too. I also listen to Old school metal, stoner rock, death metal, folk, folk metal, classical, alternative, cut and paste, some pop and indie music. (<that fact still makes me shudder a little)

I for one am a Bogan and proud of it but also have a wide taste in music and think that there is not as many inspiring songs as Ride of the Valkyries.

I for one am a Bogan and proud of it but also have a wide taste in music and think that there is not as many inspiring songs as Ride of the Valkyries.
Me too :) Bogan and proud! When will all people embrace their inner bogan scum? :)

The Dublin Philharmonic or Dublin Symphony Orchestra?

His name is Luke O'Sullivan. I can't remember which, but it is the one with less instruments (I like classical, just don't understand the terminology :p)

He also does concerts or something in Vienna.

He does alright considering he is only 24.

You can't be Bogan unless you live in a Dept of Housing area in Penrith NSW and wear ugg boots and flanny shirts in summer........................Ron

So the concert was awesome :D And my view was great, roughly 20m from Danny Carey and in full view of what he was doing. Pity they didn't play Roseta Stoned, but atleast there was Lateralus but really, all the songs are good :D

And the music everyone left the concert to was Katy Perry lol

I thought Maynard was sick? Was he still there and if so what was his performance like? Glad you had good seats and had a great time.

I thought Maynard was sick? Was he still there and if so what was his performance like? Glad you had good seats and had a great time.

Maynard's performance was fine. Tool had to postpone Adelaide because doctors advised against singing for that night, they made it the following day.

Thats good, I had heard that some of the shows that he had done were a bit sub standard because he was sick and he also was a no show on JJJ for the interview. Lucky you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back