Anyone on nightshift?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hazza88

Not so new Member
Reaction score
was wondering if anyone else on here at the moment is at work on night shift

Yeah I do. I HATE IT!! But pays the bills so I can't really complain :)

I should correct myself, it's not that I hate night shift, it is good money.. I hate working the weekends!!!

Last edited:
I do nightshift all the time. What sucks is my roster is always a couple of dayshifts then couple of nightshifts. Then 1 or 2 days off then back to dayshift to start the cycle again. Lots of fun.

Another nightshift worker, but I love nightshift....maybe I am part vampire?
I am lucky my roster is three nights on four off, though they are 13hr shifts.
I also stay in nightshift mode, hence me replying to this, even though i am actually off tonight :)

I worked with a guy noce who did 3 months straight nightshift with 1 day off every 14th day. He flipped the lid and went missing with the work car after 3 months straight. They found him 450kms away in propped up in the bar. Nightshift can mess you up sometimes!

I worked in Liverpool Hospital (NSW) cas ward back in the 80s, was an admission clerk. Did it for a year, great job but had a bitch of a boss who forced me out.... a long story !! Was great then coz hubby worked days and as I did the graveyard, the kids were always covered with someone home with him.

Don't know about Ghosts, but night shift in a nursing home I've defiantly seen some things I can't explain!!!

I reckon it would be creepy working in a nursing home at night.....

used to do shift work back in perth at a brick plant wasnt too bad really 6-6 swing shifts and seriously considering getting back into shift work of some form the money is great and usually get every second weekend off so atleast you can plan some things.

Some may call it nightshift, but I often, and prefer doing the morning shifts from 1am - 5am.

As a train driver, I am up and working some of the first trains in the early hours of the morning before most people have even finished dreaming, weekends included.
Finishing anywhere from 8am to 11am, I have the rest of the day to myself to get bored ****less, or roam the empty isles of Bunnings through the week with ease.

A few hours sleep in the afternoon will briefly recharge the batteries, but the occasional 3 or 4 day book off is a welcome rest. Could never do 9 - 5 ever again.

A friend of mine is on the last week of his ED rotation and for his entire rotation he's done night shift but that was worked out with the uni because he functions better than if he woke up early or started later in the day.

Do you ever drive my train? morning 7:57 berowra and avos around 3:20 from waitara?

I start work now if I wanted to. I work in a gym cleaning 2 pools and lots of machines and carpet, 1am on wards I try and be there. Bit spooky too in a dark bush setting. hmm oh wait.. that's an hour away.
I anyway want a free swim tonight? :rolleyes:

was wondering if anyone else on here at the moment is at work on night shift

Yep. I have an 11 week old baby- I am on permanent night shift ! And Day shift. What day is it. Where am I..... this is the Playboy forum, right ...?

Not on nightshift at the moment but just got back from the pub. Does that count? Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back