anyone one central coast do herping?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

welchy94

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Lisarow, New South Wales, Australia, Australia
hey everyone i am ryan and want to start doing herping and getting out and looking for animals!! i just need someone to go with to learn and get help from!! so if u go herping and need help or is up for teaching a young guy some tips and techniques it would be so greatly appreciatied!!

cheers
Ryan

i am also on facbook to!!

I'm on Lake Macquarie and would also like to go herping.

hey deb
how would i go about doing volunter work for ARC? does one of my parnets have to do any coarses and that or can i do them myself? as i want to do venomous snakes and all animals? would i do junior ones as i am only 16 or can i do venoumous snakes and that?

welchy...You need to join as junior member. Have to be 18 to care/rescue and handle venomous snakes. But you can get involved in heaps of stuff and go to any training you want, there's a rep training day coming up, don't know date yet. The flying foxes are at Matchem, close to you and I know a very cool lady who's been a member for a long time that is in Lisarow.

So I would suggest joining up that way you will get all info and meet some members. It's cool getting into the snake pit with the head carers, you can also but not with venemous.

The stuff you need to join you'll find on their site. Good luck, hope to see you soon :)

Eddie..you're a member or know some?

cheers...Deb

I am near Lake Macquarie, go herping a bit. It is really the cool season now so not gonna do well anything for few months.... Once it gets warm a bit my main objectives will be further afield, but I might do some stuff around central coast/Lake Mac.

Im in berowra and would love someone who knows what they are doing to go with.

i herp up there sometimes and there is a guy on here OMG_a_gecko he likes to herp alot and is a resident there,he also looks like a gecko lol
my best advice is to go looking yourself everywhere and anywhere and you will learn just the same way i did it.Joining a wildlife group wont help as many of the 'volunteers" mean well but most have no idea how to find reptiles and you would be better locating them yourself

there is a guy on here OMG_a_gecko he likes to herp alot and is a resident there,he also looks like a gecko lol
Crossed with a bearded dragon......what with the beard & that......;)

You could also look into joining your local herp society. They can put on organised herp trips etc. & it also puts you in contact with other local, like-minded people

Last edited:
HA, get a job in the bush you will spend all day everyday stepping over snakes. I do.

yer fiamma i went to the last snake training day and handed my forms in but i dident bring the right money because i dident read the forms properly lol so once i get the money in i will be on the roster.

jason R were abouts you go up kariong way?
sock puppet there is none on central coast! only hawksebury witch is like in sydney and i think theres one up hunter?
and may i ask bigfella77 were abouts u work as i have family in maitland?

Yeah I was thinking of SOFAR that are up around Newcastle I think. Not sure where their meetings are, but if it's south somewhere, it might not be too much of a stretch maybe.

Im in Erina, Im not an expert but im more than happy to go out with you some time, I try to get out as much as possible, if you want PM me your facebook link

Hey, im on the central coast, Wyoming (ew i know lol) i love herping (walking through the bush haha).. but i never seem to find anything apart from skinks browns diamonds jackeys and laceys.. would love to go on a 'true' herp.
i probs wouldnt be able to help, but ill add u on facebook! :)

Hey, im on the central coast, Wyoming (ew i know lol) i love herping (walking through the bush haha).. but i never seem to find anything apart from skinks browns diamonds jackeys and laceys.. would love to go on a 'true' herp.
i probs wouldnt be able to help, but ill add u on facebook! :)
Nothing wrong with those species!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back