APBT breeders/owners

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice, thanks for posting.

Obviously depending on their state not alot of people will want to post pics of their APBTs, maybe some amstaffs? As mentioned I also have a soft spot for Bandogs.

You do know pit bulls are banned in some parts of australia QLD being one of them i think. You are not allowed to breed,sell or give them away, Those that do own them have to have the desexed,registration from the council is sky high, They also have to be insuared. To find out more ask these people on this site Dogz Online Forums (Powered by Invision Power Board)

Pit bulls are lovely dogs and it is sad to see them been slamed for everything.

Anyone who buys a APBT in Australia (excluding the NT I think) deserves to be shot.

You're placing the dog in danger, yourself in danger and it's a moronic excersize.

Buy a papered Amstaff instead. Stop trying to appear tough.

a dog is all in its upbringing its a bit harsh to put your own personal oppinions up and tell people they are morons for keeping them

the only person who is trying to appear tough is you buddy !!!

a dog is all in its upbringing its a bit harsh to put your own personal oppinions up and tell people they are morons for keeping them

the only person who is trying to appear tough is you buddy !!!

I love APBTs? Well, maybe not love :p I do like bullbreeds though, and the only APBT I've met has been lovely.

They are banned, and by owning one you face the council attempting to put it to sleep. Most of the time they will succeed unless you have a lot of money to burn through. I'd love the ban to be reversed, but whilst it is still there it is stupid buying one.

Saying they deserve to be shot might be extreme though, perhaps a hammer dropped on their toe?

obviously complying with your states regs and rules would be the sane thing to do , having said that punja and myself have pit style dogs and not once and i mean not once has mine miss behaved arched up or shown any sign of agression i would trust that dog without a doubt and i am sure punja would be in the same boat
, any dog has the capability to be agressive
without owning one your relaying pure hear say without any knowledge in the quoted subject

obviously complying with your states regs and rules would be the sane thing to do , having said that punja and myself have pit style dogs and not once and i mean not once has mine miss behaved arched up or shown any sign of agression i would trust that dog without a doubt and i am sure punja would be in the same boat
, any dog has the capability to be agressive
without owning one your relaying pure hear say without any knowledge in the quoted subject

The current regs ban the sale & breeding of them. I don't disagree with ignoring the law and breeding them anyway, but you have to be mighty stealthy in doing it and MOST people whom I've met want pits want them for the "tough guy" image. Sad to generalise, my this is just my experience. A lovely dog when owned by the right people :)

I trust pits 100%, I'm pretty terrible at identifying the bullbreeds (as in, seperating them) but I'd never be worried about picking up a stray and finding it's owner.

mate i think you should take the time to read what i am saying

i never said anything about ignoring laws ect in victoria its not illegal to own a pit bull just illegal to breed them wihtout being registered to do so
i think in your own mind a pit bull is part of a tough guy image i got the dog becaus ei liked the look of the breed and it would take the mind of a teenager to think its tough to owna dog just to parade it around like a trophey -

Anyone who buys a APBT in Australia (excluding the NT I think) deserves to be shot.

You're placing the dog in danger, yourself in danger and it's a moronic excersize.

Buy a papered Amstaff instead. Stop trying to appear tough.

Papered Amstaff instead? Why not buy a papered Pitbull, send off your papers to the Canadians, and they will supply you with interchangable Amstaff papers for them.... Amstaffs are a breed that by the stupidity of the breed specifics will be added to the BSL very soon.... hell you can breed a male Amstaff to a female pitty and still have it registered as an Amstaff.... talk em up as a safe alternative, they are just a pitty rebuild lacking as much game, that will have their heads on the bsl chopping block soon enough as well.

Midol i think youre a little bit small minded and maybe need to keep your stupid opinons to your self cos all Den wants is a little info about buying pitties or somthing and you tell him that he should be shot,have his toe smacked with a hammer,and then acuse him off trying to be tough.Maybe just maybe Den wants a mad looking loyal dog that sticks by his side like i have,i mean come on mate fair go.Den if its possible for you or your mate to get a pittie then go for it cos their a mad dog,cheers.

Just go and get a a pitty & register it as an amstaff or bullmastiff cross, dont worry what Midol said, hes off his head, i agree with the others opinions, a dogs a dog.

mate i think you should take the time to read what i am saying

i never said anything about ignoring laws ect in victoria its not illegal to own a pit bull just illegal to breed them wihtout being registered to do so
i think in your own mind a pit bull is part of a tough guy image i got the dog becaus ei liked the look of the breed-

Errr, no. That's not how it works at all.

Some of you have a very poor grasp on BSL, it's implications for owners who own dogs which resemble pitbulls and what the laws actually entail.

Papered Amstaff instead? Why not buy a papered Pitbull

You can not buy a papered pitbull in Australia. They're not a recognised breed.

Midol i think youre a little bit small minded and maybe need to keep your stupid opinons to your self cos all Den wants is a little info about buying pitties or somthing and you tell him that he should be shot,have his toe smacked with a hammer,and then acuse him off trying to be tough.Maybe just maybe Den wants a mad looking loyal dog that sticks by his side like i have,i mean come on mate fair go.Den if its possible for you or your mate to get a pittie then go for it cos their a mad dog,cheers.

If he wants a dog that faces the very real risk of being put to sleep then go ahead. It's irresponsible for anyone to obtain a banned dog, especially one that's declared dangerous.

If he does get one he must comply with the dangerous dog legislation which requires a full enclosed run fully concreated & muzzled at all times when out of it's pen, including in your hard & the house.

Just go and get a a pitty & register it as an amstaff or bullmastiff cross, dont worry what Midol said, hes off his head, i agree with the others opinions, a dogs a dog.

That won't help. Plenty of people have had their dogs seized and destroyed regardless of what they register them as.

Currently, the only way to prevent your dog being destroyed is to prove it is not a pitbull. This is done either via dna testing (testing the parents) and the alternative is to supply ANKC registration papers proving it is not a pitbull, but if it is a pitbull you won't be able to do this.

Buying a backyard bred dog which resembles a pitbull is putting the dogs life in danger and I can't think of a reason why someone would do this, other than being irresponsible, especially when an Amstaff is basically the same thing but not banned and has papers... Again, the only reason is "pitbull" sounds tougher. Other than that give me a single valid reason for getting a BYB "pitty" over an Amstaff...

i used to be in the scene quite heavily but that was years ago, ive posted this pic before he is the only one i have left........an old man ( grandfather on sires side was CH tank)

Attachments

• bax1.jpg
    bax1.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 124
  • bax2.jpg
    bax2.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 126
  • bax4.jpg
    bax4.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 129
  • bax5-pimped.jpg
    bax5-pimped.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 137
Den, jump onto dogzonline and post in the BSL section asking what the implications are if you're caught with a dog resembling a pitbull and the council decides to persue it. You'll find people on there who have owned Pitties, have been targetted, had their dogs seized and PTS.

Then decide if you want to take that risk.

The dog in the post above mine is bloody nice though.

They are IMO the best dog, and i would never own another breed, and i personaly have had over 50 APBT.

donks

Den, just buy a Labrador you know it makes sense :)
sprocket.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back