APBT breeders/owners

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are IMO the best dog, and i would never own another breed, and i personaly have had over 50 APBT.

donks

Well, lets not go this far, nothing is better than a Husky :p

Hopefully the ban will be overturned soon. Unfortunately I suspect it'll get worse before it gets better and while it's like this, I'd prefer the true enthusiasts who know the risks keep the breed alive for us.

Bloke you clearly have no grasp on what the true rules are I legaly own one and register the dog every year as what it is along with my two great Danes never an issue

I also have a very close friend who works at the lost dog home where pitbulls or suspected pitbulls cross dogs are put down instantly if an owner does not come forth to claim the dog within fourteen days

please get your facts right before going on the war path

Bloke you clearly have no grasp on what the true rules are I legaly own one and register the dog every year as what it is along with my two great Danes never an issue

I do not believe you.

If you comply with the requirements, sure, but most councils will not allow you to register one.

It works like this:
You buy a APBT.
Try and register it.
Council says no, remove it within x days or we'll seize it.

If you keep it, and register it, it works like this:
You build a fully enclosed pen for the dog to live in. It must be in this at all times. Concreate floor.
You muzzle it every time it is out of it's enclosure.

Not to mention registration for a dangerous dog is a ****load more, in my shire it's $850 or so. If caught breaking any of the above rules the fines are HUGE.

Hopefully the ban will be overturned soon. Unfortunately I suspect it'll get worse before it gets better and while it's like this, I'd prefer the true enthusiasts who know the risks keep the breed alive for us.

Mate you've got no grip on reality what so ever. First you say that anyone who keeps them illegally should be taken out the paddock and shot, and now your saying you hope people keep them illegally so you can get one down the line on the rare chance they are un-banned?

Mate you've got no grip on reality what so ever. First you say that anyone who keeps them illegally should be taken out the paddock and shot, and now your saying you hope people keep them illegally so you can get one down the line on the rare chance they are un-banned?

Errr, try reading the entire thread.

If you did, then quite simply, you fail at reading.

Just go and get a a pitty & register it as an amstaff or bullmastiff cross, dont worry what Midol said, hes off his head, i agree with the others opinions, a dogs a dog.

Hey, don't drag lovely Bullmastiffs into the fight, slander to do such a thing.... Bullmastiff cross today, Bullmastiff tomorrow..... ;)

Anyone who buys a APBT in Australia (excluding the NT I think) deserves to be shot.

You're placing the dog in danger, yourself in danger and it's a moronic excersize.

Buy a papered Amstaff instead. Stop trying to appear tough.

...?

I can't be bothered going through and quoting my other posts.

But the way I feel is that only those who are current owners of APBTs should keep their dogs, breeders should only sell to those they trust and know to do the right thing. Those who get them must be aware of the risks involved knowing that they face the real possibility of them being put to sleep.

I do consider it irresponsible to obtain one, but I also hope people keep the breed alive in Australia. A contradiction, yes. Buying one places the dogs life in danger, letting them die out places the breed in danger... It's not a simple moral/ethical dilemma?

I thought this thread was asking for pics, not a debate to get it closed.
Back on topic, heres my girl, a pedigree amstaff.
Shes still a baby only 8 months and around 25+kg:

rox.jpg

You can not buy a papered pitbull in Australia. They're not a recognised breed.

all depends on what papers you are chasing, there are many breeds that arent recognised here, but have global recognition.... and International paperwork in some cases is much more sought after than the AKC registration...

who cares anyway... most pits here are curds, freaks bred for looks.... and pittys are not about looks at all but should be bred for flexability, game and utmost efforts put into achieving an even temperament and loyalty... a well bred and trained pit is a soldier, and never acts without bieng told to.... the heroes have bred the stupidity into them.

my girl sheba...

and i didn't get her coz i thought i was tough i got her for her looks, they are a beautiful looking dog, and as for amstaffs, if ya haven't noticed they are a lot more stocky than a apbt, pit bulls are more slender in the body, so they do look different! :rolleyes: And personally saying that ppl need to be shot??? That just a pathetic comment, what more can i say!!! :x

Attachments

• Sheba.jpg
    Sheba.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 68
  • sheba.1.jpg
    sheba.1.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 62
I love APBTs? Well, maybe not love :p I do like bullbreeds though, and the only APBT I've met has been lovely.

They are banned, and by owning one you face the council attempting to put it to sleep. Most of the time they will succeed unless you have a lot of money to burn through. I'd love the ban to be reversed, but whilst it is still there it is stupid buying one.

Saying they deserve to be shot might be extreme though, perhaps a hammer dropped on their toe?

all depends on what papers you are chasing, there are many breeds that arent recognised here, but have global recognition.... and International paperwork in some cases is much more sought after than the AKC registration...

who cares anyway... most pits here are curds, freaks bred for looks.... and pittys are not about looks at all but should be bred for flexability, game and utmost efforts put into achieving an even temperament and loyalty... a well bred and trained pit is a soldier, and never acts without bieng told to.... the heroes have bred the stupidity into them.

Yes, but in Australia, with our BSL, the only papers that matter are ANKC papers. Keep in mind I was suggesting they get an Amstaff with papers to prove it was not a Pitbull. If you could get papers in Australia for Pitties then they'd be useless for the purpose I was advocating them... If you get me? Plenty of people get BYB Amstaffs and then run into trouble with councils because they can't prove it isn't a Pitty.

Damn BSL making it confusing.

I thought this thread was asking for pics, not a debate to get it closed.
Back on topic, heres my girl, a pedigree amstaff.
Shes still a baby only 8 months and around 25+kg:

rox.jpg

what a cutie.... love the white paws

It's great to see some pics finally up, I too thought Den was asking for pics not three pages worth of threads about the legalities of owing a particular dog!

I've owned bull mastiffs in the past, I think they are awesome doggies too...
Here are pics of my current dogs - a staffy/boxer cross and my bullmastif/dane cross, they love to lounge around :)

Where are all the band dogs pics ?

Attachments

• 03-08.JPG
    03-08.JPG
    210.8 KB · Views: 58
  • 10wks.jpg
    10wks.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 66
  • DSCF1584.jpg
    DSCF1584.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 60
Anyone who buys a APBT in Australia (excluding the NT I think) deserves to be shot.

You're placing the dog in danger, yourself in danger and it's a moronic excersize.

Buy a papered Amstaff instead. Stop trying to appear tough.

Thanks for the advice, it has taught me to skip past any post you make...

Thanks all for the pics and the back-up! As I said I'm a big lover of these animals, ta for taking the time. I do have a question that maybe someone can answer for me... What are the genetics behind the red nose and yellow"ish" eyes that some APBTs have? Is there any predictable mode of inheritance when breeding for this trait or is it more luck of the draw??

Thanks again all.
Den

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back