APS Bus Trip - Ideas Please

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

peterjohnson64

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

For those of you living in or around sydney you will remember the raging success (read: Blinding P%$^& Up) of last years bust trip to Canberra. I mean, sure the bus broke down, but that didn't matter because I was already at the airport.

some may also remember the wonderful camping (not Gillsy type of camping) night we had a Bents Basin.

Anyway, in talking to the APS Elite at the Castle Hill Expo it was decided that we really need to organise another trip.

So..... ideas please.

My initital thoughts are that we organise a weekend at the Nowra Wildlife Park. They have accomodation on site and it isn't really that big a drive. I would also be interested in making it on one of the Nowra Reptile Clubs meeting weekends.

Another option might be a weekend to Billabong Wildlife Park at Port Macquarie. There is also a Herp Society at Port Macquarie.

Or maybe we simply do both.

Come to perth! :) no seriously, i'm in nsw in july, when would you be having the trip?

Why don't you go on a long trip and camp in the bush along the way. mabey drive to Kakadu Or Lichfeild Park because the is tons of Wildlife in both those places (TONS, trust Me,i've been there).

You could start in Hervey Bay - Qld - weather is great up here!!!!

winerys in the hunter, must be some herps there some where

PJ - I have never been to Nowra Wildlife Park (though driven past it a number of times) - I have been to Billabong a few months ago...

...my concern with Billabong is, although I enjoyed myself there, I was finished looking around in about an hour...long way to go for an hour... :D In saying that, either way, I will go wherever the decision leads... :D

I think a benefit to Nowra is that it is within striking distance of Sydney so is likely to pull a better Sydney-based crowd in regards to cost and convenience... :D

...frankly, I don't care where we go as long as we hit the cans again... :D

...and might let Hetty and Ratface reunite and rekindle that flame ;)

Yes! Whoohoo! Oh The trip to Canberra was awesome :D any where is good for me as long as we sleep over night!

Hahaha this time i wont get stuck under the bus thanks to the driver :rolleyes:
hahaha sweet memories ! :p

Nikki - HAHAHAHA - I forgot all about that! :D

Wouldn't be the same without you and your old man along for the ride... :D

RMcNeill - Of course - the details will go up when finalised and basically any who are interested are more than welcome...particularly if you're willing to make the trip to Sydney just to spend time on a bus with a pack of idiots :D

Pete - when it's warmer (i.e, October/November) - camping at Wombeyan Caves.

:p

Hix

Who is ratface??

Nowra sounds fine to me....you can pick me up on the way through...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back