Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This place sounds awesome. I will come if im not at cape conran on a field trip. How far from melbourne do you think it is. I'll come if its less than a days drive.

OK.

I've spoken to the camp owner this morning and there should be no problems.

I'm aiming for their section called 'Canoe Flats' which is closest to the water as well as the amenities block.

Any date is OK, however we are more likely to have the area to ourselves (and get that particular camp site) at the later weekend date (which is looking most likely going by the poll.)

Cost wise is currently $36 adults, $17 children, but he said he is probably going to put it up a dollar or 2 by Feb. I'd be happy (if I'm trusted that is) to collect payments and wondering if there'd be objections to fees of $40/$20 being collected and I could supply a case or 2 of the amber liquid and coke for the kiddies with the left over maybe?

I've been told by a recent visitor that the road has been recently graded and is very good at the moment.

You would need to bring all of your Camping equipment and food.

Milk, bread, ice, gas and limited items of food and other goods are available at the onsite store.

As Coolendel is a Nature Reserve, pets are not allowed

There is no power at the site, and generators are not allowed, so bring 12v lights, torch and batteries.

That sounds good to me.

Am I wasting my time here? I've emailed about a dozen interested parties with just one reply. You know who you are. Very poor effort people. :evil:

Theres a few good places around the coast if sydney ppl are willing to come up (its only an hour!)
Anna Bay is apparently good, ill look into it more as i havent been there myself.

lol even more convenient i can walk there in about 5 mins lol
but i cant find anything there so the place you have planed looks good

Last edited:
Am I wasting my time here? I've emailed about a dozen interested parties with just one reply. You know who you are. Very poor effort people. :evil:

I'm in at this stage (baring uni wanting me at Lismore that weekend). But one thing mate, I learned from the last two APS trips (and hence why I am not oding this one) that for every two people that tell you they are definitely going you will get one. So if you get 30 definites, 15 will turn up. Remember that when getting deposits and/or committing to expenses.

I know I should have PM'd this but I am tryinhg to make sure that the people who have publically said on here that they are going do actually go after so much effort gets put into organising.

So far I am out of pocket by more than $1,000 because of no shows to APS trips.

Good Luck!

Hi Peter, thanks for your reply.

Things are being done differently. The camp owner is being fair on when I pay him for this reason, so that won't be a big issue up until a week beforehand. After that, tough. :) As for the bus, I won't be booking any bus (if its needed) until I have payments - and once its booked theres not going to be refunds unless the place can be filled - even if I'm alone on the bus! At least I can sing to myself. :lol: Theres no way I'm booking anything until we have sufficient numbers and payments. No bull this time. :)

Last edited:
I should be there...

I have locked myself in as a 'probably' and once I head back to work next work I should be able to lock in the days off...

In the past I have been particularly disappointed by the number of people who have stated they would definately be in and have bailed with no notice - I am also hoping that we don't have that issue again...

...in saying that, despite large numbers of last minute pikers, we have consistently had good numbers on the trips and they have all been great fun. It is always good to catch up with those from past trips but definately great to meet some new faces...

I am looking forward to it and (work permitting) will be driving down with my missus. Last time we did have a small amount of spare room in the car but probably one or two places at most - if anyone needs a lift let me know (I leave from Macarthur/Campbelltown area)...

Hobbo - Lock me in as a drinking buddy again chief...

Rocky - start practising tiger... ;)

Thanks Simon.

Payments will be taken in advance this time with cancellations up to a week before, so this should minimize no shows and weed out the genuine from the time wasters rather than a 'just turn up approach'

People should keep in mind seating room in their cars versus luggage room - I'd say most people may be bringing tent, clothing, misc stuff and maybe portable BBQ''s or whatever. There may be 5 seats in a hatchback, but good luck getting 5 peoples camping luggage in too!

I will probably be there.......have to get a tent lol
These trips are always a lot of fun....love catching up with members and meeting new ones. Hope to see you there Aslan....

were will the bus be leaving from and how much do u think it will be

Depends on the numbers, which also depends on the price.

Its too hard to get the bus back on the Sunday before the same hour we hire on the Friday, so we end up with having a 3 day hire, which is ok in a way as we can have the bus from first thing Friday morning to Sunday arvo so no need to rush back Sun morning. Was thinking of leaving lunchtime Friday (from Sutherland railway station), unless people can get there eariler, and lunchtime Sunday coming back.

Unfortunately the extra day adds to the total price, which would be as follows: Based on 12 people - $43 ea, 10 people $51 ea, 8 people $64 ea. Plus petrol (guessing $10 ea).

I'm interested in comming but I won't know if I can get off work until mid Jan.
I won't have my bearded counterpart with me this time either so I'll be hitting up one of you for tent space :lol:

I'm keen too but I can't say for sure yet either. Hopefully I'll know in a couple of weeks :)

At this point in time i will say YES we will be there :) i will bring the BBQ and fire place again as they were both a big hit on the last trip.Only rule is with the BBQ is that you cook your own food ;)

ASLAN your on mate looking forward to it ;)
VAT69 as you know my tent is big enough, i have a spare room so you can jump in if you like ;)

I am prepared to pick up some people from Albion Park station if needed.
I only have a litle car so I cannot take many.

yer, I am a lazy person :D

DEFINATELY COMING, LOOKS AWSOME, SO ROCKY, WILL BE FULL OF HERPS I BET, YOU CAN ALL GO SWIMMING IN THE RIVER, I WILL BE OFF IN THE BUSH MOST OF THE TIME :)

im so joining you! i hate swimming in rivers! they are scary! oh and you can probs get a lift with us! i'll chat with my dad first!

yer, I am a lazy person :D

DEFINATELY COMING, LOOKS AWSOME, SO ROCKY, WILL BE FULL OF HERPS I BET, YOU CAN ALL GO SWIMMING IN THE RIVER, I WILL BE OFF IN THE BUSH MOST OF THE TIME :)

Man I am slow, I read this like 50 times, then realized you weren't talking to me, you were talking about the rocks. haha.

What is the dates? If it is after the holidays I can't come! NOOOOOO! I missed the last 1. IT CAN"T HAPPEN AGAIN!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back