APS Picnic day

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I reckon that there needs to be a picnic AND a camping event. I still say Bents Basin because of the ability to snorkel and see great herps in the water. And who knows how many sliders we can pull out. Wattomola is also great but I camped there one night and woke up to 4 flat tyres. And Bents Basin is set up as a camping site with facilities. We could easily run a shuttle from Glenfield Station to get people there as well.

From NPWS web site:

Bents Basin State Conservation Area
Camping in this park

Bents Basin campground

Getting there: The campground is along Wolstenholme Avenue. Roads are paved.

Campsites are suitable for: camper trailers; camping beside your vehicle. Not suitable for: caravans.

Facilities: Flush toilets, amenities block, hot showers, picnic tables, wood barbecues

Things to do: From this camping ground you can walk to the lookout, dam and basin. Campers under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a person 18 years or over.

Fees: $8.00 per adult per night, $4.00 per child per night. Vehicle entry fees apply. Kitchen: $55 per day. Shelter: $55 per day.

or go here for more info: http://www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/parks.nsf/ParkContent/N0618?Opendocument&ParkKey=N0618&Type=xo

OK, I reckon that there needs to be a picnic AND a camping event. I still say Bents Basin because of the ability to snorkel and see great herps in the water. And who knows how many sliders we can pull out. Wattomola is also great but I camped there one night and woke up to 4 flat tyres. And Bents Basin is set up as a camping site with facilities. We could easily run a shuttle from Glenfield Station to get people there as well.

From NPWS web site:

Bents Basin State Conservation Area
Camping in this park

Bents Basin campground

Getting there: The campground is along Wolstenholme Avenue. Roads are paved.

Campsites are suitable for: camper trailers; camping beside your vehicle. Not suitable for: caravans.

Facilities: Flush toilets, amenities block, hot showers, picnic tables, wood barbecues

Things to do: From this camping ground you can walk to the lookout, dam and basin. Campers under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a person 18 years or over.

Fees: $8.00 per adult per night, $4.00 per child per night. Vehicle entry fees apply. Kitchen: $55 per day. Shelter: $55 per day.

or go here for more info: http://www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/parks.nsf/ParkContent/N0618?Opendocument&ParkKey=N0618&Type=xo

This sounds great Peter. I think that this would be the best option. This will suit to people who like to just visit for a day and accommodate people for camping also.. I would love the camping break for my self.

How about Bandelea at kangaroo vally (many reptiles and Darren_wilto and Rev will do the brokeback mountain movie for every one!) not to mention other cuddly wild life.

I'll pass on the Brokeback Mountain thing- besides i'm pretty sure we almost saw a version of that at a past party didn't we Dan?

Bents Basin is a top place.

Simone.

I don't care where it is at as long as it is a nice day so I can get out on my bike.

Well now, we will just have to wait and see won't we.....LOL

Beside that, alot of people don't have transport so it would be a nice idea to have somewhere accessible by public transport.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back