Aquarium Castles, rocks etc???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mr_muesli

Reaction score
Does anyone use the castles or rocks for their snake cage, because i saw one at PetCity today, and it looked like a tree stump, with fake plant leaves coming out the holes, and i was wondering if it would be safe to use???:D
Cheers

I use aquarium fake logs in a few of my enclosures

I think they look good in the right enclosure, they obviously dont need treatment or anything, are easy to clean. and make good little hides

Attachments

• IMG_7254.jpg
    IMG_7254.jpg
    266.7 KB · Views: 108
None of my mates that use them have had any problems....not that it means much. I guess it all depends what animal its for.

as long as their are no sharp edges or any chance of catching the animal - such as falling on it then it should be fine. I had a ceramic log in for about a week but it managed to scrape some scales off so it got pulled out. it looked good but unless i can fix it so that wont happen again it wont go back

Yeah I have several peices of rock..... and a couple of ceramic logs in my enclosures.......

I havent had any probs with them and they are easier to clean than a natural log......

my snake found a hiding spot inside a fake tree stump came out on her own eventualy i then took it out until she too big to fit in it she has plenty of other propper hidy holes to choose from

I also use aquarium logs - I use half logs that are frequented as a hide.

I got mine from K-Mart for under $5!

I've got a fake castle in my beardie tank and a colosseum in my other tank. Look awesome!! And fairly easy to clean with a toothbrush (well their alot of little holes that I'm hoping poop never gets into).
I'm just paranoid about the paint flaking off..which has happened before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back