are freezer burnt mice bad

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

azza009

Not so new Member
Reaction score
are freezer burnt mice bad for snakes as mine always end up with it like white patches scattered all over it sorry i know there is another thread on this but didnt want to hijack it

freezer burnt food is fit for human consumption... just not the tastiest

I wouldnt risk feeding freezer burnt rodents to my pythons.....just in case, not worth it. I personally wouldnt eat anythin that was freezer burnt therefore none of my animals do either

I wouldnt risk feeding freezer burnt rodents to my pythons.....just in case, not worth it. I personally wouldnt eat anythin that was freezer burnt therefore none of my animals do either

In the first two comments there's already a contradiction!!! Unbelievable...

Sorry Rosemary, but i have no idea where the risk factor comes from!

What is freezer burn would be the first question to ask...

So I strongly recommend you look up freezer burn, this is a link to the Wiki on freezer burn:

http://www.loc.gov/rr/scitech/mysteries/freezerburn.html

This site explains freezer burn as the loss of water molecules from a meat sample and hence the patchyness.

Forensick explains that it is harmless to humans, but may taste a little funny.

Dehydrated food is commonly eaten by all on this planet, and is in fact a way we preserve some of our foods.

I wouldn't hesitate to suggest it is perfectly safe to feed freezer burnt rats to your snake. They can do no harm, there is no risk (unless the rat is still frozen) based on what you're telling us.

I myself have eaten freezer burnt products with no ill effect :)

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back