arrrggghhh 4 weeks

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

scaleycraig

Not so new Member
Reaction score
4 weeks since I got my childrens and havent seen her eat yet . Have tried braining . leaving the food overnight , temps are up , rubbing her first coil / face / body (cant get a strike response - zero agression - thaty will be nice klater but need her to strike at food now...). Shaken the food for 10 mins in front of him Have followed every thread to do with this problem and realise that eventually he will eat but 4 weeks..... hes only about 20cms long , how long can he hold out. Anyway , Ill have another go next week.

I repeat

Aaaarrrrggghhhhh!

CC

Nah thats still fine mate i wouldn't be worrying yet make sure you leave her to settle in no handling if she's not eating IMO... she's either not settled to hot or too cold... they can go really long periods of time without food though, i've heard upto 8months :shock:

my lil girl didnt eat for 5 weeks.... she will only ea if she doesnt see us enter the room..... she is also tiny :)

my stimmie lasted 7 weeks without feeding after purchase. Lost heaps of weight, then all of a sudden ate and hasn't looked back. Eats everytime although the strikes aren't very agressive, more like a open and close the mouth attempt. Just keep the temps up and try in a weeks time.....

temps

33 -35 hot end
bout 26 - 28 cool end , ccoler at very side (water is)
this at surface of container

ambient air in container is 26

CC

My MD wouldn't eat for 3 months when I first got her. It was getting very stressful as we tried everything too. Eventually she took a pinky, I culled it and threw it in under her nose while the pinkies nerves kept kicking.
After that she has been fine. Gradually she is eating more and more. All I have to do now is wave a thawed rat/mouse pup about 10cm away from her and she'll take it (it does have to be warm tho, unlike my two newest additions, who will strike at anything).

Kim

at the vet i take my reptiles to the have a carpet python that got fed daaily cause it was a tourist atraction and cause its fully gorwn he just got fatter and fatter and the vet reackons he's ganna have to starve it for about 10 YEARS! before its in the right shape again

Mixed news - good and bad. The story of the expensive meal

Well , today she ate.............My Bloody baby bearded dragon!!!!!!!!!!! Shes probaly been stalking it for weeks.

In hindsight it was a silly arangement for keeping the animals as she was in a click - clack in the lizard terrarium while her enclosure is being constructed.

They were separated by sight and by inpeneterable plastic but she managed to get out of one of the thermometer holes and into the main "cage" where the lizard was (hopefully sleeping).

We got home from out of town today to find a very fat snake and I knew straight away what she ate cause she wasnt in her container. She flatly refused any offered pinky last nigh and even used it as a pillow.

We are looking at a 25cm snake eating a 12 cm lizard , far bigger than the pinklies I was giving her.

If she throws this up like her last meal I will get very cross.

Anyway , at least she ate ....

CC

A lesson that could have been avoided...:rolleyes:

avoided

A lesson that could have been avoided...:rolleyes:

5 more days and it would have been....Separate enclosure will likely arrive friday. Lesson learned and I will never , ever underestimate "Walter" again. I never expected him to go after the lizard if he refused pinkies 1/3 its size.

CC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back