Arrrr she is gone

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul hill

Reaction score
worst fears come true
goldie my black and gold did a runner on me
turned away for less then a min and she had got off the top of the door
and in to the house. she could have gone in or out of my room.

what i need is all the tricks people know for finding there snakes
I pulled my room apart and looked in all the easy places in the rest of the house
no luck

all help is good help at this point

I have heard suggestions of talculm powder sprinkled on the floor to see if there is movement or scrunched up plastic shopping bags (unless you live in SA) to hear when they're moving around..

Good luck and let us know if you find her.

yer i remembered thos 2 ideas form posts iv read before but you can always hope for more ways to find them

i read that you should crank up the air cond in your house. sooner or later hoping that it will search for some kind of heat.

usually an escapee will quickly hide and hang round for 24hrs to adjust to the temps. so chances are its hiding close and well. if you made the house dark and escape proof.. watched tv and got up every ad with a torch. you would find it on the move

sprinkle flour or put plastic bags around the door ways, with the flour, sprinkle it across door ways then u can see which room they r coming in or out of..heat mat out somewhere with a mouse on it..look EVERYWHERE that has a crack or entry too. patience is the virtue! good luck with finding it.

sit back and relax and one day u will just see it sittin somewhere
thats what happend to me after rippin everything apart!!!!

this happened to my brothers hatchy that I bred, got out about 4 months ago I went over to search for it and no luck tore my brothers room appart and still couldn't find it looked in every ovious hide holes and cuboard's and washing baskets you name it we searched everywhere. his house mates kids got into his room when he was working and desided to play with it, and broke the lid for the enclosure wile they where at it. we haven't seen it since.

my girl has escaped twice and both times i've found her less then a metre away from the enclosure. i'd suggest looking really well close to the enclosure

FOUND HER

she turned up in my draw.
when to pick up my shirt and there she was imm sooo happy

YAY

i'm so happy for you.
i bet it doesn't happen again, you'll be super cautious now,for something with no legs it amazes me how quick they can 'run' :)

lucky!!!

i lost my female childrens hatchy about 8 months ago, still haven't found her. so i cut my losses and got a hatchy coastal =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back