Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lutzd

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
For those of you who have set their start page in the forums, and bypass the Home page, Cyber found a great article on diamonds! Well worth a read. :wink:

Quote- "Australia's most stunning python makes not only a great pet snake but a wonderful breeder as well"-End Quote.
Australia's most stunning Python?? That's a big call. I've seen some nice Diamonds but I don't think they shine above all other Pythons. I'm not trying to fan a flame here but how many of you agree with this statement?
Olives,Black-Heads,The Black and Gold Jungles to name a few, in my humblest of opinions are a more stunning Python than the Diamond.

Cheers, Greg (ducking for cover)

:)

Still a great article though! :lol:

You've gotta remember that this is the view from a non-Australian, who may see things differently.

Some of the pythons from tropical climes look pretty impressive to us (e.g. our Italian friend's "exotics" to us are probably standard fare for him).

"Different strokes for different blokes", I guess.

Just my opinion of course! :wink:

That is just the authors opinion,and opinions do vary,but if anyone has seen a high grade yellow diamond with perfect rosettes (such as Shane Scarfs lines) or a perfect high grade white,I would have to say they come close to being australias ultimate snake.Majority of diamonds found in the hobby have dull markings,blotched rosettes or are a mix of yellows and whites,But a perfect colored diamond is truely outstanding. :D

PS If diamonds held higher purchase price than BHP majority of breeders and keepers would prefer a Diamond.Lets face it we all want the best and most expensive collection and benefit from our hobby in 1 way or another!

CC

that's a brilliant article and very timely from my point of view. It confirms what I've been told and gives even more detail. Thanks for sharing it with us.

And everyone knows the Diamond IS the most stunning Aussie Python.

So is the Olive, the Bredl, the Jungle, the ...................

opinions are what makes us have discussions (and Flame wars).

G 8)

:p I would have to say that diamonds bring the most heated discussions out of all aussie snakes,all i know is that every article i read will hopefully give me something that the article b4 didnt.The one thing i like about diamonds is they come in so many varieties & even though the high yellows are the most sought after the near pure blacks do it 4 me.Cheers for the article john. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back