Artificial moonlight

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stockeh

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey guys just got a new night light/ heta lamp from URS looks fantastic in the enclosure, and doesnt disrupt night activities at all as is simulates the moon light.

Thought you may like a look

Matt

is it for heating as well or just for observing them at night?

looks really wicked

heating as well yeah they look awsome in real life..... saw them and thought i would give it a shot

wow if thats for heating as well its awesome! would luv to get some...if only u had posted 2 days earlier i wouldnt have bought 2 infra-reds from the herp shop lol

Hey that looks great. was it expensive? what wattages do they come in? whats the brand name?

Have used blue, red, infra red but now ise the same black lights in my display enclosures.They look great and i feel are more natural for the animals at night.Definitely recommend these if using bulbs for heating.From memory they come in different wattages.......

They are great, though you should take into account that they dont produce as much heat as a red lamp and they also dont have a reflector so not a lot of heat is projected down. Ive just setup a new enclosure for my pythons so ive been trying every lamp i can find :) They come in 25, 40 75, 100 W

Thanks for the wattage info danielsan, do you know the brandname?

hey wattso
Oz Purple Night Heat & Light Globe Big. These are incandescent nocturnal heat lamps that are suitable for viewing your reptile?s natural habits at night. Simulating natural moonlight, they will not disturb your animal while you watch. They also have the added benefit of radiating heat, allowing your animal to bask beneath them.

Hope this helps they are available at http://www.ultimatereptiles.com.au/main.htm

Cheers
Matt

would they be suitible for day time heating as well.

There is an alternative which is what I do and that is I get standard black lights from Tandy and Dick Smiths. So if you ever need them now you know where else you can get them. I have been using them from there for a while now and it doesn't seem to worry the snakes a bit, if anything it seems to bring them out a little more and it makes them a little easier to see.

I tried these black globes from the Herp Shop, swapped over all my bc batten holders for the heavy duty es type. The bulbs lookded great at night.
Within 4 weeks the first bulb blew and the rest followed on, I think the best lasted 7 or 8 weeks.
The bulb unscrewed from the metal piece which screws into the batten holder ... it was like that black silicon stuff which seals the globe became too brittle. My batten holders also showed evidence of extreme heat, who knows maybe they shrunk due to the heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back