asian house geckos

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there are a few people on the site that keep them. The reason I would keep them is to use as a food source for my snakes.

They might come under A2104 Hemidactylus Frenatus - house geckos

They have gone feral and considered a pest in Northern Australia.

i use to breed them for my snakes to eat but i only breed them once then got rid of them nt big enough for the snakes

they were only abot 50mm wen born and tooka while to grow but they breed like rabits

around my house as im aware there is no law in qld about ahg

I was under the impression that it was illegal to keep any non native reptiles in NSW. Perhaps someone can clarify this?
Cheers,
Tuttley.

i feed them to big fish like saratoga and stuff and if there no big fish destroy them anyway, they are venturing into the garden and threating our native geckos, so what would you rather our grandchildren see in there garden, asian house geckos or buetiful knob tail geckos etc.

They are everywhere in Cooktown. We went through a checkout at a grocery store and the girls where squatting the hatchlings at the checkout. I have to ask why would anyone want them - except for a food source for your reps.

but if they where call something eles house geckos would people not like them
how long have they being in aus for

get some dtella, they are cheap and native, gecko dan has some for sale atm, $45

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back