asian house geckos

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
people could breed them and people new to reptiles could have an easy starter gecko thats cheap and if it dies ur not losing that much
and they would be able to learn by that

or they could get bynoes geckos or dtellas, they are cheap, or beardies or blueys, all unger $50

people could breed them and people new to reptiles could have an easy starter gecko thats cheap and if it dies ur not losing that much

thats a good idea, ive never thought of something like that.

They are everywhere in Cooktown. We went through a checkout at a grocery store and the girls where squatting the hatchlings at the checkout. I have to ask why would anyone want them - except for a food source for your reps.

I know there pests and annoying to have around your house but some people like them.
SooooOooo thats probably why they keep em. :p

I cant see why they would be more or less worthy as a captive(apart from finacially), but you should consider the possible damage YOU will possibly cause by moving these animals to a new area. Yes it is legal to keep them as NSW considers them to be native(i think?)

Anyone willfully spreading these geckos is either ignorant or has no respect for our ecosystem.

Nothing personal but that is the worst idea i have heard in a long time(atleast 24 hours)
Ppl new to reptiles shouldnt be keeping exotic species that can easily escape and breed. If they live where you do it wont matter, but otherwise you are in the same category as those who introduced cane toads, gambusia, cats etc..

I know there pests and annoying to have around your house but some people like them.
SooooOooo thats probably why they keep em. :p

I don't mind them - we have them in our house. I wouldn't kill them but I wouldn't encourage breeding them.

As an ex Victorian and never seen AHG's before I thought they were sooo cute and watched them all the time.Now after 4 years as a Queenslander :/ I understand what a threat they can be and that in some areas they are a real problem.I still think they are cute and I still watch my resident geck's but as for selling and breeding them i dont think so....

we have literally 100's of them here, i let them be. they dont bother me, and i dont bother them.

Nothing personal but that is the worst idea i have heard in a long time(atleast 24 hours)
Ppl new to reptiles shouldnt be keeping exotic species that can easily escape and breed. If they live where you do it wont matter, but otherwise you are in the same category as those who introduced cane toads, gambusia, cats etc..

not saying i would breed or even keep them

i dont keep em but there is enough around the house, they poo everywhere and make those noise's.

anyone out there know when and where they were fist introduced (AHG's) ? I lived in weipa 7yrs ago and they were everywhere up there.

anyone out there know when and where they were fist introduced (AHG's) ? I lived in weipa 7yrs ago and they were everywhere up there.

Im not too sure on the details but i think they have been up near darwin or somewhere in the NT for a few hundred years(?)
In other areas they have only recently appeared, where i live they have only been around for about 5 years or so but they first came to Brisbane in 1996 i believe. They will get to all cities in Australia and will survive and breed in most, the main concern is what effect they will have outside urban areas.

I left Rokhampton in about 91 and I can't remember seeing them here then.I have returned 3yrs ago and have'nt seen nothing but AHG's around my house. such a shame !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back