aspen bedding for beardies?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ravan

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
just wondering if anyone uses aspen bedding for bearded dragons?
pros/cons?
or should i just use a bark substrate?

Pro - ok for Beardies

Con - ridiculous price
( at least in shops locally to me )

Last edited:
cool cool, anything else I should now about it?

Can you use the fake grass as bedding or does it have to be something they can dig into? I don't have a beardie, but thinking about it at the moment. Could I go half grass and half something else?

my beardies occasionally sort of make themselves a little rut to sleep in, so i'd prefer to give them something to dig into :)
and people have used half tiles and half someting else, so i dont see why you couldnt do half and half :)

I use the walnut bedding, its cheap, safe for them to eat, easy to clean, absorbent and looks effective.

i think thats what i have them on now.... but i dont really like it... its a bit too much like sand for me. so yea, looking to revamp their enclosure a bit, and looking to use something different :)

I use kitty crumble......

looks nice, no smell, easy to clean and both my blue tongues and bearded dragons love it

oh that looks interesting... it looks kind of like a mulch... is it anything like that?
and where do you get it? just a pet store or the supermarket?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back