Atc-300

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HOM3L3SS

Reaction score
I am thinking of getting an ATC-300 and i was just wondering if anyone else has one or if they know if they're good. and is $80 a good price for one.

Harry

i use them they are a great on of thermostat and the alarm is a great idea i picked mine up for $60 and think that compared to a standard room thermostats that are commonly used its a good price also use it to control my light in the tank, And for the person that asked what it is the ATC-300 is a digital thermostat with built in Timer it also features an alarm set point so if the temp goes above or below the set point by between 1-5 degrees you set that amount then an alarm is triggered letting you know.

Hey Harry I use 1 for my python enclosure and have had no problems with it! Where were you going to get yours? I would like to buy another 2 as I am expanding but am having problems finding them!

Cheers Dave

I use 2 of these and they're great - I've never had a problem.
Nice large display, and the thermostat probe is also a thermometer.
I think I paid around $60 each for mine.

The alarm can be quite annoying though, especially if you have your thermostat on a timer like me so there's no heat over night. It means every morning when it turns back on, the alarm will go straight off because it's so cold.

At the very least though, the memory seems to last for quite a while so if you lose power or use a timer, it will store the set temperature / timer settings for long enough.. So if you don't want to fork out the money for a day/night thermostat and are happy with no heat at night, it will work fine on a timer..

The only way I've found to 'disable' the alarm is to take the back cover off so the speaker is visible and snip one of the wires to the speaker? If you press a button while the alarm is going off, this seems to stop it, but only temporarily I've found.

i found my atc 300 on ebay for 60 have a look there ( hope i am not breaking any rules) oh mine arrived today paid for it thursday

The only way I've found to 'disable' the alarm is to take the back cover off so the speaker is visible and snip one of the wires to the speaker? If you press a button while the alarm is going off, this seems to stop it, but only temporarily I've found.

Gah, one of the set of instructions I got for the same thermostat (rebadged as a Lucky Reptile Thermocontrol II) says you just press both up and down arrows at the same time to disable the alarm sound.. This works. Looks like my other two thermostats have a permanently disabled / snipped speaker now.

the ATC 210 from hiss n bits is awesome too, very accurate, its light and handles 600wats has the light timer, alarms and a good length probe cord most ATC stuff is top notch imo

Nato

EDIT: the ATC210 is a dimming thermo too so its great on power :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back