ATT: Blonde Spotted Owners

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MZ33YO

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I have just set up the enclosure ready for the new arrival which should be coming in the next 2 weeks.
I have been told a few different stories in regards to temperature and lighting.

Can somebody please clear this up for me.

What temp should hot & cold end be at.
Is there lighting required, if so what type & how much :)

Thanks in advance.
Steph.

32C at the hot end, and ambient temperature is fine for the cool end. Your snake won't need any special lighting, except maybe in a room with a window, so that it knows whether it's day or night. That's about it.

Last edited:
Thanks guys.

Will let you all know how it goes when the snake arrives :)

so did you choose blonde spotted python. if you did, good choice. they are awesome snkes that grow pretty big (good to handle) and have a cool opattern

Here are some pics of some that I've just sold:

IMGP4523.jpg

IMGP4529.jpg

IMGP4530.jpg

IMGP4531.jpg

IMGP4532.jpg

And the mate to make the pair:

IMGP4507.jpg

"i love pythons and dragons. to me, only these 2 reptiles are really fun to have. these are the only ones that youdont have to hold. dragonscling onto yourshoulders and pythons grip around your neck. all the other reptiles must be held in your hand. THIS IS ONLY MY OPINION"..........hate to tell you ,but that is not correct lots of reptiles will grip and cling to you not just those 2 species.....:)

My temperature at cold end is sitting at 28 degrees...

Is it too warm?
How do I lower it, keep in mind this temp is without the heat matt on at the other end, nothing is on at the moment but it is still 28...

:(

My temperature at cold end is sitting at 28 degrees...

Is it too warm?
How do I lower it, keep in mind this temp is without the heat matt on at the other end, nothing is on at the moment but it is still 28...

:(

Hi Missy,

Is your tank glass or wood?

If its wood, you could place an extra vent in to allow more air flow, that should cool it down a bit.

Hey guys,
I have just set up the enclosure ready for the new arrival which should be coming in the next 2 weeks.
I have been told a few different stories in regards to temperature and lighting.

Can somebody please clear this up for me.

What temp should hot & cold end be at.
Is there lighting required, if so what type & how much :)

Thanks in advance.
Steph.

The breeder / seller your getting the snake from should help you out with this information.
Do a search and you'll find a heap of info on this topic.
Cheers,
Aleks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back