aussie living in finland

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brick

Reaction score
Been reading the forum for a long time, but thought would introduce myself. Names Dave, and im a tassie boy now living in Finland. Always wanted a pet snake at home, but due to laws where living etc etc, never ended up with one. After moving to europe, ended up with my first, a brazilian rainbow boa, and the collection now stands at about 60 at last count. Im working with a few different morphs these days, and finally found a hobby that i throughly enjoy. Not so many people keep reptiles in finland, so getting caging and rodent supplies at a reasonable costs are probably my biggest problems. All the cages below i made myself, on the other side of the room is all my breeder cages, but couldnt find a good pic of them on my photobucket account;(
Ive gathered my collection from all over europe and the US. Another big problem here, is most people live in apartments, so dont exactly have that much room, my rep room takes up my spare bedroom completely, and i guess is probably the only reason i dont have more animals, im out of room!!
Couple of pics of my snakes and my rep room below
cheers
dave
IMG_2656.jpg

12Snake3M.jpg

2Snake2M.jpg

Non2Snake6M.jpg

7Snake11M.jpg

Moikka ^_^

I'm an Icelander now living in Victoria. Funny old world ain't it?. Welcome to APS :) What took you from Tassie to Scandinavia?

oh wow, what a fantastic snake; and an impressive collection!
oh and welcome! :)

omg i hate you!!!!
thats my totally favourite snake and we cant keep there here! i would love a brazillian rainbow boa!
that is such an amazing looling snake! feel free to post many more pics!

omg i want!

Moikka ^_^

I'm an Icelander now living in Victoria. Funny old world ain't it?. Welcome to APS :) What took you from Tassie to Scandinavia?

moi moi,
ah ended up over here for sport, i compete in orienteering, ran for australia for many years, but the sport is too small there, whereas over in scandi its pretty much a national sport especially in finland, sweden and norway, and could earn my living from it. Been here for about 10yrs now, at the start, was ending up having to travel to europe a few times a year for races, in the end just relocated and havent looked back since;)

omg i hate you!!!!
thats my totally favourite snake and we cant keep there here! i would love a brazillian rainbow boa!
that is such an amazing looling snake! feel free to post many more pics!

omg i want!

sorry bit trigger happy with photobucket today, these should keep you happy.
Have got reds, oranges, anerythristic, hypomelanstic, a few different pattern variations and a yellow (which is the only one this colour that i have ever seen. Certainly got my hands full with projects, and am guessing will probably need to remortgage the house for the het albinos that SHOULD become available in the US later in the year;) this hobby is way too addictive!!
Got to agree though, i would say that the brazilians have to be the best looking snake or close to it, when the light hits them right, the colours are amazing. Am also working on a few small projects with the columbian rainbows, a more dull looking snake, but with more morphs available
Non1Snake10M.jpg

Non3Snake1M.jpg

YellowSnake7M.jpg

1Snake3MLowRes.jpg

Non2Snake1M.jpg

IMG_2339-1.jpg

IMG_2400.jpg

IMG_2394-1.jpg

IMG_2422.jpg

IMG_2424.jpg

IMG_2439.jpg

Wow very nice love their sheen...are Rainbows the only snakes u keep? Would love to see more pics!:D:D

Wow very nice love their sheen...are Rainbows the only snakes u keep? Would love to see more pics!:D:D

pretty much, they would make up 95% of the collection. There is a few ball pythons, bci and a pair of superdwarf retics here aswell, but they are just things that i have imported at the same time as the rainbows. Selling them on over here, helps pay for my other snakes. Will get some more pics up soon

Moi Dave,missä päin Suomea sinä asut?
Minä olen kotoisin Kemistä ja olen asunut Australiassa 14 vuotta.

Moi Dave,missä päin Suomea sinä asut?
Minä olen kotoisin Kemistä ja olen asunut Australiassa 14 vuotta.

hey mate, am located in Pohjois-Haaga in Helsinki. Got stuck in finland for a few reasons,
one being a woman;) No offence to any of the aussie girls, but they dont really compete
with the scandi women;)

Love the BRB, one of my favourite exotics!
Yeah they are a stunning looking snake, great personalities, and there is also enough new morphs coming out, to keep me busy for years to come;) Still waiting for the albinos or at least hets to become available, imagine a snow brb, white iridescent snake, mmmmmmm. There are lucy columbian rainbows, but no lucy brbs, well not yet anyway...

hey mate, am located in Pohjois-Haaga in Helsinki. Got stuck in finland for a few reasons,
one being a woman;) No offence to any of the aussie girls, but they dont really compete
with the scandi women;)
its the true blonde thingy now isnt it ;););)....and the fact they dont notice your scar on your neck from your other head ,after all you were originally from tassie now :lol::lol::lol:

its the true blonde thingy now isnt it ;););)....and the fact they dont notice your scar on your neck from your other head ,after all you were originally from tassie now :lol::lol::lol:

blondes, brunettes dont really matter, they all bloody stunning. And the neck thing, well just remember tassie is the mainland, you guys are all on the north island;)

hey i have a facebook freind sonja in finland she has 33 snakes,mostly vipers,gabon viper,sri lankan pit viper,cobras,all sorts of awsome creatures,i am amazed that people in finland into snakes and keep so many,you need to get some aussie snakes mate to remind u of home

hey i have a facebook freind sonja in finland she has 33 snakes,mostly vipers,gabon viper,sri lankan pit viper,cobras,all sorts of awsome creatures,i am amazed that people in finland into snakes and keep so many,you need to get some aussie snakes mate to remind u of home

yeah have thought about getting into some carpets etc in the past. But in some ways just want to focus on one species, well 2 actually, but they pretty much the same. By working with the both the brazilian and columbian rainbows. I have my plans with these and all is going well. I would probably have more, but im limited in the amount of space i have. Its just the spare bedroom in my apartment at the moment, and there is pretty much tubs, from floor to ceiling;) Been trying to persuade the girlfriend for us to swap rooms, as our bedroom is much bigger. I pointed it was MY apartment so i could do what i wanted, and she pointed out it was HER body, and she could do what she wants. That argument, and my plans for a bigger snake room, pretty much ended at that;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back