Australain Reptile Breeders Alliance

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

larks

Reaction score
We are proud to announce that Morelia Magic has joined the new Australian reptile breeders alliance (ARBA). We believe that this will be a of great benefit to the reptile hobby here in Australia.

Check out the flyer attached bellow and let us know what you think.

web_flyer.jpg

Gecko emporium Is also proud to announce it's involvement with the ARBA
In the coming weeks the website will be up and running and proudly displaying the emblem which we hope in the next few years will be synonymous with quality intergrity and with out a doubt customer service

I want to listen to ABBA
this will be great guys!
you can be as public or as private as you want right? names and such?

yeah you can go as private or as public as you like.

SO, does this mean any Tom, Dick or Harry, no matter what the reputation can join??

Who decides the integrity of a breeder??

OK, there is a negative and positive feedback thing, but damage can be done in the mean time.

That white snake, what breed is that? Looks truly amazing!
I'm gonna go out on a limb but albino olive i think benjamind

nahh I think it's one of the albino macs that are out there. the head shape is different to an Olive. Gorgeous snake either way. Definitely on my dream list.

That's a great idea! When will the site be up? Will be a lot easier to find what we're looking for now and from a reputable breeder :)

Last edited:
How will you guarantee that integrity? Will you be personally inspecting everything that is sold? Do you need to know about the quality of food items for the reptiles, will you inspect feed history etc? I would like to know what is behind the guarantee of quality if I am going to purchase, support, one day become part-of this alliance. How will you handle complaints, insurance claims etc?
I would love to know more.

SO, does this mean any Tom, Dick or Harry, no matter what the reputation can join??
Who decides the integrity of a breeder??
OK, there is a negative and positive feedback thing, but damage can be done in the mean time.

Hi fay, I'm one the admins on it. Submissions will go through approval by peer members. Clearly all humans are imperfect but there are several procedures and terms of conditions that members will have to agree on. If a member decides to be "dodgy" then ARBA has the full right to end their membership.

More will be disclosed on the website when it goes live.

So, is it kind of like the AFDA - Australian Funeral Directors Association...? Who would be the "governing body" to decide on the breeder's integrity and reputation? Is there a time frame (like, you have to have been breeding the specific animals for "x" amount of years)?

It sounds good... but call me cynical, I have reservations... I know a 'few' "reputable" breeders who 'shouldn't' make it to the list...

Just curious!

Best,
Carolyn
PS - The flyer looks damn awesome! :)

Hi fay, I'm one the admins on it. Submissions will go through approval by peer members. Clearly all humans are imperfect but there are several procedures and terms of conditions that members will have to agree on. If a member decides to be "dodgy" then ARBA has the full right to end their membership.

More will be disclosed on the website when it goes live.

So, with respect D3pro, what if you have an "altercation" with a really good, well-known and highly respected breeder who has a great deal of integrity, you take a "dislike" to the person (not saying you would, just putting it out there...), and you and the mods decide "nup, black-ball this person, not going on the list"... What happens then? Would there be anything in place for this to be avoided?

How will you guarantee that integrity? Will you be personally inspecting everything that is sold? Do you need to know about the quality of food items for the reptiles, will you inspect feed history etc? I would like to know what is behind the guarantee of quality if I am going to purchase, support, one day become part-of this alliance. How will you handle complaints, insurance claims etc?
I would love to know more.

Quality will be judged by the buyer. If their happy with their purchase then it's a success. It doesn't matter if it's a bearded dragon or a Green Tree Python. Complaints will be taken seriously and bought to the breeders attention, keeping in mind that there are two sides too every story. Insurance won't be a feature as far as I know.

I personally think that if a breeder on this site recieves bad feedback, they shouldn't be allowed to sell anymore until it get's sorted. As Fay has said, further damage can be done in the mean time while it's getting sorted.

Great Idea though, I will be keeping an eye out for when it's to go live.

I just thought it was a place with contacts.
What's the difference is someone is dogey on that, then on here or any other form of advertising?
I don't see how it's ARBA responsibility at all.

Quality will be judged by the buyer. If their happy with their purchase then it's a success. It doesn't matter if it's a bearded dragon or a Green Tree Python. Complaints will be taken seriously and bought to the breeders attention, keeping in mind that there are two sides too every story. Insurance won't be a feature as far as I know.

customer follow up and customer feedback go hand in hand .... its not how the problem occurs , its how its delt with that builds a reputation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back