Australia zoo expanding

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good link Magpie - and that's another thing....Aust Zoo is involved in so much with conservation and don't get a great deal of recognition for it because the general public doesn't really care about that side of things - they tend to care more about what they can personally gain from the zoo.

Each to their own they are doing something and that is good, i just think its pretty weak considering the amount of money and power they have JMO.

I must say what i have learnt from reading their websites has just reinforced what i previously thought.

Thank you Magpie. Finally someone actually came up with something tangible to add to the argument, other than, "they're good blokes!! Blindly follow them!!"

I did add a link to the Wildlife Warriors site if you had of searched it you would have found that. Next time i will make sure i link directly.

I don't think anyone has suggested to blindly follow them. I am speaking from personal experience from volunteering at the zoo and seeing first hand what is being done.

I think people should look it up themselves before concluding "They don't contribute. They're too commercial".

It isn't hard to search on the internet...i didn't think so anyway....And like i suggested earlier on - Ring them if you are interested in knowing what they have done.

Don't worry about the volleys.
I tell my daughter who loves snakes, volunteer at the Reptile Park when your old enough, because you learn from the best. Bugger making your own way with mistakes, learn from someone who already has.

I wish i had a place like that near by where i could volunteer. I think it would be an awesome oportunity to see things that u cant keep at home.

I did add a link to the Wildlife Warriors site if you had of searched it you would have found that. Next time i will make sure i link directly.

I don't think anyone has suggested to blindly follow them. I am speaking from personal experience from volunteering at the zoo and seeing first hand what is being done.

I think people should look it up themselves before concluding "They don't contribute. They're too commercial".

It isn't hard to search on the internet...i didn't think so anyway....And like i suggested earlier on - Ring them if you are interested in knowing what they have done.

My view and opinion hasn't changed. I don't blindly say what I say, I too am speaking from personal experience. I was simply thanking Magpie for an informed link to add to the views being expressed here.

My view and opinion hasn't changed either. I don't blindly say what i say...i make sure i know where i'm coming from before i comment (in this case through the first hand experience). I was simply stating that I have a specific view on the matter as i have personally experienced...others may and do feel differently, whether it just be opinion or through their own personal experiences. Each to their own. I strongly support Australia Zoo, think it is a great place, i know how much they are helping all wildlife and i feel Steve's legacy lives on with those that knew and loved him the most. I feel that Terri, Wes and John will make sure his dream lives the way he wanted it to and they are doing a darn good job at it ;)

I wish i had a place like that near by where i could volunteer. I think it would be an awesome oportunity to see things that u cant keep at home.

They wouldnt want you to have any reptiles at home. Unless something has changed they are against private reptile keeping.

Mmm... Intresting thread.

I have been to property purchased in the name of "conservation" by the Irwins, both before it was taken over by them, and a couple of years after.

So they do indeed purchase large amounts of property in the name of "conservation".

It will be intresting to see what happens to these areas, i wonder if my next visit to the property will be to check out a latest house estate ;)

I wonder if the property will be housing another animal hospital or simply left as it is to conserve the native habitat that is already present.

Why do people always wonder the worse?

Ah Australis, lucky you. One property I visited was only partly purchased and the balance was gifted to the Irwins as a government grant.

Obviously. I thought "large amounts of property" would definately contain living organisms and established ecosystems in which animals would be present. "slaps self on head" My bad!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back