Availability of rodents for snake food

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hey fishhead why dont you have a real go ?you cant even breed enough for your own animals let alone someone elses . cant believe your buying them in at all since there is so much money to be had and to be saved and theres only 15 minutes aday involved . :lol: . if you want to get personal mate dont hide behind your keyboard .

At $20/kilo thats less than $1000 a year to feed a pair of Albino Carpet and progeny. The progeny are worth 10 to 100 times that ( if you were in it for the money). $1000 is probably the cost of feeding the average dog for a year.

Thanks for that Wokka I feel better now.
Seriously though on the scale that you are doing rodents what does it cost you to produce a rat to 250grms? If you don't want to answer could you at least let us know what an acceptable profit margin on your turnover?

I am involved in land development and for that we normally allow for 25% profit after GST but before tax.
The exit point (the point at which you dispose of rats) would determine the price. I would guess than it would be profitable to sell 2000 of 250 gram rats live per week, ex cage with payment on delivery; for say $4 each. Once you start gassing , packing, freezing, storing, selling, invoicing, delivering, garanteeing and administering those 2000 rats a week the price probably doubles.
We dont even try to grow 250 gram rats. Our average weight would be c;oser to 70 grams with most used as
MR100 (medium rats) or PR5 (pinkies) or FR15 (fuzzies)

I am involved in land development and for that we normally allow for 25% profit after GST but before tax.
The exit point (the point at which you dispose of rats) would determine the price. I would guess than it would be profitable to sell 2000 of 250 gram rats live per week, ex cage with payment on delivery; for say $4 each. Once you start gassing , packing, freezing, storing, selling, invoicing, delivering, garanteeing and administering those 2000 rats a week the price probably doubles.
We dont even try to grow 250 gram rats. Our average weight would be c;oser to 70 grams with most used as
MR100 (medium rats) or PR5 (pinkies) or FR15 (fuzzies)
sorry wokka i wont be raising my rats for 12-16 weeks till their 250g and selling them at $4 each, i dont care if their alive at that price and havent cost any extra to kill, bag, and freeze. theres no way i could even break even at $4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back