Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hazzard - I am still waiting for my course in Berridge shop 7. I paid, but I am still waiting.........LOL

I have pics on my old PC which is no longer hooked up to the net. His dad was Mustang, once owned by Afro. I swapped some netteds for some coastals a couple of years ago and this guy is one of them, getting brighter and brighter. I bleieve mustang was around 9 odd ft long, so quite a big boy.

I hope to breed with him next year if I can get enough size in him. He has always been a real fussy feeder and went of his tucker for a while. I am going to try him on some quails and see how he goes.

Not sure how much hatchies will be, I will be line breeding with him for sure as I have not seen any coastals that have such a black belly like he does. So I hope there may be some underlying traits in him. Time will tell if there is anything genetic going on.

Cheers
Daz

nice animal daz , but whats with its scales?????????? It looks like a roughy lol

LOL, I wondered if anyone would pick that up, he had a bad time sloughing, so I had to give him a bit of a soak and a hand to remove some unwanted skin. I was trying another substrate other than the standard paper that I normally use and found it absorbed too much humidity in the enclosure, so back to newspaper for me. He should settle down in a day or so.

Daz

umm how much do they go for and does anyone breed them? thanks

interesting looking fella you got there

different ive never thought of a B&W coastal

but then again those markings seem alot different to most coastals ive ever seen

haha i do want to get a black and white striped python just not sure what breed will give the best striped effects like yours nearly has

very nice hugsta, ive seen a couple like that over the years, a mate of mine has a female much the same, pure black and white. imo they look way better than the b/w jungles. Good luck with him.

interesting looking fella you got there

different ive never thought of a B&W coastal

but then again those markings seem alot different to most coastals ive ever seen

haha i do want to get a black and white striped python just not sure what breed will give the best striped effects like yours nearly has

He does have a pattern that is not your "typical" coastal pattern, but neither are the markings on zobos striped coastals.

I am sure there are a few on here that can vouch for these animals as they were bed by Afro and they would have seen his parent animals. I do have pics of them, but need to get them off my other computer.

Here are two of his siblings.......to show the variation of one and similarity of the other.

Attachments

• Coastal.JPG
    Coastal.JPG
    130.5 KB · Views: 95
  • Coastal 1.JPG
    Coastal 1.JPG
    123.8 KB · Views: 110
Great score Daz! :) I don't normally like coastals much but that one is veeery nice!

Cheers
Shane

very nice hugsta, ive seen a couple like that over the years, a mate of mine has a female much the same, pure black and white. imo they look way better than the b/w jungles. Good luck with him.

Thanks for that Rob, there doesn't seem to be too many around like him that is for sure. Nice to know there are others about. His black belly has me curious as to if there is anything genetic going on. I haven't seen any carpets that have a black belly. His is only about 1/3 of his body length down his vent end. Have you ever seen any coastal bellies like that?

Thanks Shane, he has turned out to be a bit of a surpise package. I hope he keeps his colour.

Cheers
Daz

not solid black no, but ive seen alot that are very heavily peppered with black.

To tell you the truth i cant remeber what the belly of the b/w female coastal that my mate has is like. Ill find out thou.

how rare are these types (pattern/colour) of coastals ?. This is the first time ive seen a black and white coastal before
cheers
brad

hodges,-as far as patten goes banded coastals are pretty common, but as for colour pure black and whites like that one arnt.
Ive only ever seen about 3 as good as that one, and ive seen a few thousand over the years both wild and captive bred. It cracks me up when people rave on about a carpet they have thats special because they havnt seen one like it but mostly its because theve only seen a few. There are so many forms of common old coastal out there its not funny, but that animal of hugsta's is special, trust me, as said its one of only 3 coastals ive ever seen like that.

Here are a couple of pics of the belly, not that it is easy when you have an unwilling participant and only one free hand to take pics with...LOL But you get the idea. It starts going black about 1/3 down till about the last 1/3 where it is almost completely black. Would be interested to know if anybody has seen this in a coastal before.

Have you seen a belly like that before Rob?? I have seen quite a lot of coastals, but most have been captive bred and none have had anything like this. Maybe you have in some of your travels.:D

Cheers
Daz

Attachments

• Coastal Belly.JPG
    Coastal Belly.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 100
  • Coastal Belly 1.JPG
    Coastal Belly 1.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 76
  • Coastal Belly 2.JPG
    Coastal Belly 2.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 69
  • Coastal Belly3.JPG
    Coastal Belly3.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 74
i honestly cant recall seeing any that solid black daz, most tend to be more peppered.

nice animal.

im with TB very uncommon! i have seen many carpets but none like that, very nice animal.

Thanks for that Rob and Jason. Will be interesting to see what he produces in the future then.

Cheers
Daz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back