Baby Beardie's How Big

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GraftonChic

Reaction score
Can someone tell me approx what size a beardie born the end of January should be snout to vent please.
I think my fellas are a little small even though they are eating and growing.

Cant give you an approx size but mine is 5mths and 7cm snout to vent and 15cm snout to tail.Don't know if this is average size or not. Sorry if this is no use.

Depends on feeding, i wouldnt worry if you can see they are growing.

my biggest one is approx 9cm from snout to vent and they were born in January
They slowed down and didnt eat much through winter, even though its offered everyday. They are eating and pooing though

I have some born early December if that helps,girls= snout -vent 15 to tail there 30/32 cm's & boys snout-vent = 19 /21 to tail 44/48.5 cms.....being you have the on demand feeding till there a year and calcium & vitamins every other feed you cant go wrong. Ive been trying to get some answers for a while....but girls just take longer as they just plod along but like us boys go in leaps and bounds!.....it seems not many have boys my size at thaat age.

I have some born early December if that helps,girls= snout -vent 15 to tail there 30/32 cm's & boys snout-vent = 19 /21 to tail 44/48.5 cms.....being you have the on demand feeding till there a year and calcium & vitamins every other feed you cant go wrong. Ive been trying to get some answers for a while....but girls just take longer as they just plod along but like us boys go in leaps and bounds!.....it seems not many have boys my size at thaat age.

Wow your guys sound awsome:D what are you feeding them? And how much are you feeding.

BASICALLY DEMAND FEED 0-4wks ,3 times per day,alternating with woodies/crickets,4-8wks always have veg(endive,parsley) in tank and feed 2 times per day but have combined live.8wks at this stage gradually increase size of live...NEVER LET FOOD VEG OR LIVE BE MORE THAN HALF HEAD WIDTH!!!!! and feed 2 times per day also advisable to feed in pairs if not seperately....IF IT MOVES THEY THINK ITS FOOD!!!! 3mnths, 1 feed of live per day and start adding to veg, buk choy,basil(not to much) peeled carrot /pumkin with a pototoe peeler.No fruit till 6mnths they cant digest it yet....not every dragon is the same,if they like it they'll eat it.IF you have more than 1 ,always have veg in tank !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back