Baby beardy feeding Q?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bowdnboy

Reaction score
Hi all, my first clutch of 28 CBD's have all hatched. Started yesterday, and finished 2day.

However some from yesterday, and all for that matter, not interested in food at moment. Just watch the little crickets walk past. Have got all crix out for night time.

Q. How long before they start feeding? Any tips for gettign them onto it, or is it just a waiting game.

Cheers
Colby

They should start getting hungry and feeding after 5-7days (normally a week) :)

thanks Dave. So what do u do. just keep offering every day, and taking away if not eaten untill they start?. I wasnt sure, as I'd heard of other people getting theirs feeding after day two.

Also, how long after getting them feeding is a good age to sell them off? Is a week feeding long enough do u think?

Cheers
Colby

this year I bought offspring of some nice reds and they were sold to me at 2-3weeks and they were feeding. It won't hurt to keep trying everyday, some will start eating earlier then others.

thanks Dave. So what do u do. just keep offering every day, and taking away if not eaten untill they start?. I wasnt sure, as I'd heard of other people getting theirs feeding after day two.

Also, how long after getting them feeding is a good age to sell them off? Is a week feeding long enough do u think?

Cheers
Colby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back